Body hair

Options
sbilyeu75
sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
I post on a body building website as well. I understand why bodybuilders remove thier hair, but it seems like every Tom, **** and Harry removes thier body hair once they get in shape. I don't quite understand it. It does make me laugh though, like you get muscles and your hair falls out.

So I'm pleading men, unless you need to remove body hair for some type of competition, leave it. I mean trimming doesn't hurt, but leave some chest hair, it's what makes you manly. Otherwise, you just look like a boy.

And there is my soapboxing on body hair.

Replies

• sbilyeu75
    Options
    I guess I should've put Tom, Richard and Harry.
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    Ha ha ha :laugh: I agree. Leave a little hair, men!
  • PattyTheUndefeated
    PattyTheUndefeated Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    That's like saying that women who don't shave their legs are less womanly. Men have the right to do what they want with their body hair as do women. If a man posted the same thing in regards to women and their body hair, the post would be considered sexist & rude...

eWomen do plenty of stupid things too with their new-found fit bodies. Like getting tattooed, bad haircuts, ridiculous outfits... etc.

Just sayin'.
  • happy_jax
    happy_jax Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Haha, quite entertaining! I like your point about getting ripped and then their hair "falling out"

...Although to be fair, I do disagree. I hate body hair on men! I like them squeaky clean and smooth. (But do appreciate this is each to their own...my mum's other half looks like a monkey! haha)

We women have to go through so much pain with full body waxing - it's only fair they have a quick chest and back (& the rest!) wax if necessary!! My partner is pretty hair free naturally being Chinese so he's lucky in my book! Looks nice without the pain!
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    :laugh:

I once dated a guy, and after a few months of dating I noticed he had no arm hair. ( he was big into body building ) I asked him about is and he said he wanted his muscles to look more defined....I later found out he also shaved his arm pits.

safe to say, I git the road and didnt want to find out where else he shaved!!!
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Wish I had choices.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I personally DO NOT like chest haiir..,..it reminds me of my dad....i like a smooth man, it shows he takes time to groom himself. Plus i think that when they shave, it makes the muscles stand out more, it shows the definition better. A little chest hair doesn't bother me...
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    Options

I once dated a guy, and after a few months of dating I noticed he had no arm hair. ( he was big into body building ) I asked him about is and he said he wanted his muscles to look more defined....I later found out he also shaved his arm pits.

omg i wish every guy would shave or trim his armpit hairs....no way would i cuddle with a man with like this gorrilla hair attacking my head haha
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    Options

omg i wish every guy would shave or trim his armpit hairs....no way would i cuddle with a man with like this gorrilla hair attacking my head haha
  • sbilyeu75
    Options
    All I'm saying, is I think they look like little boys who haven't went through puberty yet when they don't have hair. I'm all for manscaping.

Also, I have no problem with hairy women as well. I personally like to wax everything but that's just because I personally feel cleaner that way.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    Options
    totally off topic but sbilyeu75...your backside is looking really good! great job on the hard work and the 29 pounds lost!
  • RoadDog
    Options
    Personal Choices.

For every person that is offended or dislikes a particular physical feature, there is another that is attracted to it. Even to the extent of fetish.

Some people have the ability to change them and some don't. I'm bald and fat. The first I can't change, because I can't grow hair on my head. The second I am trying to change, but I am hobbled by my lazy lack of resolve.

I don't know why men make the decisions they do. I know I dress and groom myself the way I do because that's what I like. I give little concern for what others think I should look like. (Except my wife, but she apparently isn't influenced by my physical appearance)

As far as why women groom and dress themselves, I have come to the conclusion that they dress and groom to impress other women. Am I wrong?
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    Options
    Personal Choices.

For every person that is offended or dislikes a particular physical feature, there is another that is attracted to it. Even to the extent of fetish.

Some people have the ability to change them and some don't. I'm bald and fat. The first I can't change, because I can't grow hair on my head. The second I am trying to change, but I am hobbled by my lazy lack of resolve.

I don't know why men make the decisions they do. I know I dress and groom myself the way I do because that's what I like. I give little concern for what others think I should look like. (Except my wife, but she apparently isn't influenced by my physical appearance)

As far as why women groom and dress themselves, I have come to the conclusion that they dress and groom to impress other women. Am I wrong?
    Completely true.
  • sbilyeu75
    Options
    Personal Choices.

I'm going to say mostly true, but also still to attract men (if they swing that way), even when you're in a committed relationship. I know when I go out with the girls or even just my husband, I like to get prettied up. My husband will ask "Why are you fixing yourself up?" I just tell him that you never want to be the ugliest b*tch in the bar.
  • RoadDog
    Options
    [
    I'm going to say mostly true, but also still to attract men (if they swing that way), even when you're in a committed relationship. I know when I go out with the girls or even just my husband, I like to get prettied up. My husband will ask "Why are you fixing yourself up?" I just tell him that you never want to be the ugliest b*tch in the bar.

Believe me. We appreciate that you get all "prettied up", but we know that your girlfriend's opinion carries more weight than ours does.

But, frankly, we don't care why you get all "prettied up". We just enjoy the scenery. We're just men. Shallow.
  • sbilyeu75
    Options
    [

Believe me. We appreciate that you get all "prettied up", but we know that your girlfriend's opinion carries more weight than ours does.

But, frankly, we don't care why you get all "prettied up". We just enjoy the scenery. We're just men. Shallow.

Well, believe you me. We're just as shallow. However, I always did find it interesting how people become better looking if they are a nice person and uglier when they're a *kitten*.
  • sbilyeu75
    Options
    totally off topic but sbilyeu75...your backside is looking really good! great job on the hard work and the 29 pounds lost!

Thanks so much. My husband was afraid of me losing the butt, but now I think he's afraid of me losing the boobs.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    Options

Thanks so much. My husband was afraid of me losing the butt, but now I think he's afraid of me losing the boobs.
    eh, if you do you can just buy new ones hahah
  • DMK710
    DMK710 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I hate facial hair!!!!! and long hair on a man. ugh and yuck.
  • mark996
    mark996 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I manscape, arms and legs, chest stay there, my hair is blonde on my arms, and not gorilla style on my legs. I'm balding, so I shave it, and have to shave facial hair due to the job. My wife shaves my back from time to time, my chest stays hairy. I do shave my forearms from time to time to keep the tacky from pulling out all my hair from atlas stones. My opinion is, if my wife likes it, no one elses opinion matters.