HRM PEOPLE :D :D

Options
Hey y'all, for the newbies, and even some veterans that haven't made the plundge. I see a lot of people starting the shred, and p90x and insanity, all inquring how to track the calories. If it is AT ALL possible save up and get an HRM, they are a life saver, MFP can be really off over or under, and with as much as your body is changing, weight, muscle fat, its hard for a computer to acurately estimate what you burned, the HRM (hear rate monitor) bases off of your heart rate which is as accurate as it gets when it comes to calories burned. a good one cost about 100 but you can get them for cheaper, with or with out a band, (with out a band is much cheaper - but still more accurate than estimating) Once you do that you can just add your own execise call it what you want and plug in the time and calories that you burned. I bought a polar F6 it is the best 100 i have ever spent, Just thought I'd share. :D

Replies

• TammyK777
    TammyK777 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Just bought mine Saturday (polar F7 w/the band), loving it!! Spent about $100, and I know it'll pay for itself :)

PS - to the ladies out there... invest in a good sports bra! it will make you and your girls feel much better!!
  • bekylouisex3
    bekylouisex3 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I ditto this! Using my HRM has lets me get accurate measurements about my calorie burn, so I'm not worrying about if i'm under/over estimating. I bought my HRM on ebay for just over £30, this came with a strap so I think it's a bargain :bigsmile: I didn't have the money to by a high-tech one lol :laugh: but fortunately my HRM performs well and I havent had any problems with it! (If you're wondering I believe mine is called Crivit Sports Heart Rate Monitor Watch)
  • Chasie
    Chasie Posts: 8
    Options
    Completely agree! Doing the P90X with the Polar F6 too! Great recommendation!
  • jkohan
    jkohan Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    AGREED! The machines grossly overestimate for me. Just yesterday, we were out of town and I went to the exercise room at the hotel. Got on their elliptical--it asked me my age, weight, etc....

After 40 minutes, the machine said I burned 865 calories. My HRM said 310 (which is about what it is at my home gym after 40 min). GROSSLY overestimated by the machine!
  • Ellem86
    Ellem86 Posts: 204
    Options
    I really really want a polar F4, F6 or F7, just can't afford one yet! It's my birthday on weds so hopefully someone will start a HRM fund for me :)
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options

PS - to the ladies out there... invest in a good sports bra! it will make you and your girls feel much better!!

Amen Sister!
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options

Amen Sister!

Competely and totally agree....sometimes even two is needed (and you don't have to have really big ones for that LOL)