Anyone Try Slimfast?

I've always hated eating breakfast, I just never had an appetite in the mornings so a few years ago I use to drink a slimfast in the mornings and felt good about getting nutrition into my a.m.'s. Recently, I decided to start drinking slimfast again (the powder that you put into the milk yourself) and it's making me go to the bathroom a lot! ...I don't ever remember this happening before? Anyone else have this problem or any other side effects of the powder slimfast?

Stevie

Replies

• I love slimfast! I drink one every day! I get the premade bottles though and no I've never had any problems with it running through me. Sorry you're having that issue.
  • BL_Coleman
    BL_Coleman Posts: 324 Member
    I use instant breakfast and have had no problems. ( I am also not a fan of breakfast) would have to look up nutritional comparisons to see if they are similiar.
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    I don't do slimfast powder, but I do keep Atkin's premade protein shakes and Carnation Sugar Free Instant Breakfast in the house for mornings when breakfast just isn't happening. I've never noticed this problem with either of them, but I also add a half scoop of soy protein powder to both, so that may have something to do with it.
  • I use instant breakfast and have had no problems. ( I am also not a fan of breakfast) would have to look up nutritional comparisons to see if they are similiar.

I also like Carnation instant breakfast, they taste good and are cheaper and fill me up better :) And they don't change my bathroom habits either!
  • 75in2013
    75in2013 Posts: 361 Member
    If you really hate breakfast you should just try to skip it. Maybe intermittent fasting is the way for you.
  • could you have a lactose problem?
    I love the slimfast shakes, I use a hand blender and crushed ice to make milkshake, never had any reaction like bowel problems at all. but my husband sometimes gets gas or diarrhea with milk based products due to the lactose
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Go to the forums, search for slimfast, you'll find hundreds of threads with people who have done it, those who don't, those talking about how it always made them go to the bathroom, etc.
  • SkinnyWannabeGal
    SkinnyWannabeGal Posts: 143 Member
    Oh my gosh, Slim Fast makes me ravenous! I used to drink Slim Fast every day for breakfast for a few wks and I ended up gaining weight. It made me want to eat, eat, eat for some odd reason. So... I decided to just eat instead. I have no appetite at all in the mornings, but I force myself to eat. After doing this for awhile, my body got used to it and on some days, I do feel slight hunger pangs in the morning. Being as consistent as possible has helped me a lot. I do egg whites and spinach most mornings.
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    I've always hated eating breakfast, I just never had an appetite in the mornings so a few years ago I use to drink a slimfast in the mornings and felt good about getting nutrition into my a.m.'s. Recently, I decided to start drinking slimfast again (the powder that you put into the milk yourself) and it's making me go to the bathroom a lot! ...I don't ever remember this happening before? Anyone else have this problem or any other side effects of the powder slimfast?

Stevie

I have done slimfast countless times and it does me the same way. Some say fiber some say its the sugar, maybe lactose problems ... I have heard a few actually complain of constipation but I had the runs lol
  • I have a slimfast 1,2,3 shake and a banana most mornings for breakfast. Ive never had any issues.
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Slimfast always makes me really thirsty after drinking them, could it be that you are drinking more than you usually would after your shake?
  • I love slimfast! I drink one every day! I get the premade bottles though and no I've never had any problems with it running through me. Sorry you're having that issue.

^^ Same here