Should I fast today?

happy_heather121
happy_heather121 Posts: 135 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi all! I have been loosing a lot of weight recently (for me anyway) and then my husband and I went out of town on a business trip this weekend. For 3.5 days straight I ate horribly! I usually bring snacks and my own healthy food but we just didn't have enough time. When we ate out I ended up making horrible choices at most meals, knowing that I was going to pay for this later. I weighed myself this morning and I am up 5lbs! I know it's mostly bloating from eating tons of terrible food my body isn't used to but here is where my question lies.

Should I do a cleanse today? More like a fast? I was thinking of just drinking tea and eating the vegetables I picked from mu garden this weekend. Has anyone ever done this? I just feel so gross this morning, like i'm stuff full of pizza, burgers, fries, ice cream etc. The problem with this is that I would like to work out today (something I also haven't done in 4 days) and if I don't eat much I won't workout because it's not safe.

Any ideas for what I should do after this dumb weekend? :)

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Its a new day, just get back on track and leave it at that
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    I agree. New Day. Eat well, and try to do a longer work out. thats what I did yesterday after a horrid saterday!
  • I agree with these ladies. What's done is done. Put in a GOOD work-out today, and just start eating healthy. I'd say too- maybe lay off the carbs and high fat (like do chicken and grilled veggies tonight and/or soup or something for lunch with a salad). That type of "food" day for me always makes me feel good. And some good solid protein before your workout today will only help ease the pain you will most likely feel in your workout! :-)

WAY TO REACH OUT FOR HELP! YOU CAN do this!!!
  • Melanie1967
    Melanie1967 Posts: 238 Member
    Move forward and leave the past, in the past. A couple day's isn't going to hurt you much. Keep up the good work that got you feeling this way, and knowing when your eating healthy or not. =-)
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    And drink like 12 cups of water, flush out all that sodium that was in the "bad food"!

But don't "fast", because then you'll be too weak to work out, and some good hard cardio will get things moving. I did something similar 3 days in a row last weekend, and gained 3 lbs, but it's all gone again now, plus some. And all I did was eat clean and healthy, drink a ton of water, and did 30 day shred the day after the 3 day naughty-fest...
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Its a new day, just get back on track and leave it at that

I agree.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 22,025 Member
    Definitely just get back on track. If you'd had food poisoning yesterday and weren't able to keep anything down, would you feel compelled to eat double your normal amount today to make up for it? I hope not. :wink:
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    I'm going to be honest and admit I often do a water fast to cleanse my system. In fact, i do eat-stop-eat on occasion, which works well for weight loss. I also work out while fasting, though I'm not recommending you do so. We all have to listen to our bodies.

I find fasting a nice way of cleansing my palate and digestive system, and it seems to help curb cravings. I say if your body is asking for it, go for it. :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.