Nerves in Stomach desentized after weight loss

Options
2»

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options

When I read the study to me common sense applied , keep to foods that keep me full for long periods of time,, lots of veggies and some fruit, eat lean meats , avoid junk food and fast food joints notorious for the high fat content in their food.

WTF????? No way!!!! Holy cow, they did a study and came to that conclusion!!!! Mind is blown! What next? A man on the moon!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    It's not your stomach that causes you to gain, or lose weight. It's your mind. Learning and practicing smart nutrition, calorie consumption, and fitness techniques is how you succeed. Depending on your stomach to tell you you're full is how most of us for here in the first place. So while your post may be interesting, it fails to remind people that the way to success is through developing and continuing good habits.

I agree with you, but for me it is about knowledge on what is happening that allows strategies to be developed. . A calorie is not a calorie. For me it is choosing the foods that metabolize in the system at a slower rate, the complex carbs, the ones that give the biggest bang/ longest time before breaking down.
    I choose oatmeal in the morning for the reason that it is of a high nutritional value but more importantly it takes a longer time to break down in the digestive system and therefore gives a more gradual energy release, I can get mileage out of that type of food versus Packaged cereals break down to quickly and leave me feeling hungry again within a couple of hours. . So it is a strategy in deciding what to put in the diet that goes the distance.

Do you actually read any of the full studies or just rely on other outlets to report what they think about it? You haven't posted many links to actual full studies, always copy pasted articles from various sources
  • Minnie2361
    Minnie2361 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    It's not your stomach that causes you to gain, or lose weight. It's your mind. Learning and practicing smart nutrition, calorie consumption, and fitness techniques is how you succeed. Depending on your stomach to tell you you're full is how most of us for here in the first place. So while your post may be interesting, it fails to remind people that the way to success is through developing and continuing good habits.

I agree with you, but for me it is about knowledge on what is happening that allows strategies to be developed. . A calorie is not a calorie. For me it is choosing the foods that metabolize in the system at a slower rate, the complex carbs, the ones that give the biggest bang/ longest time before breaking down.
    I choose oatmeal in the morning for the reason that it is of a high nutritional value but more importantly it takes a longer time to break down in the digestive system and therefore gives a more gradual energy release, I can get mileage out of that type of food versus Packaged cereals break down to quickly and leave me feeling hungry again within a couple of hours. . So it is a strategy in deciding what to put in the diet that goes the distance.

Do you actually read any of the full studies or just rely on other outlets to report what they think about it? You haven't posted many links to actual full studies, always copy pasted articles from various sources

Acer67, since you are interested in what I read just open up google scholar type in leptin and read away, There is also the journal of obesity with some free articles and it is available online. I like to copy and paste, the news bites highlight the findings . Rather than just dropping a link I do take the time to copy and paste to make it easier for others.

However if you do not like it , then take some personal responsibility and choose not to read it that way you won't have to whine and complain about it.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

Acer67, since you are interested in what I read just open up google scholar type in leptin and read away, There is also the journal of obesity with some free articles and it is available online. I like to copy and paste, the news bites highlight the findings . Rather than just dropping a link I do take the time to copy and paste to make it easier for others.

However if you do not like it , then take some personal responsibility and choose not to read it that way you won't have to whine and complain about it.

You are aware what the news reports and what the actual results of the study usually aren't even close, right?
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options

You are aware what the news reports and what the actual results of the study usually aren't even close, right?

the-science-news-cycle.jpg
  • Lichent
    Lichent Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    There is no end to the drivel you can dig up!

Since you consider Science Research drivel why not find somewhere else to post and somewhere to happen,

I couldn't agree more with the OP sheer ignorance got me and buddy where we are today and we are working hard to change that for ourselves. Knowledge is powerful thing to have, we may not like what science has to say, it may make us fearful, but it don't make it untrue.
    We take what we need here and leave the rest, No need to get the tits in a tangle cuz someone posts something that makes us uncomfortable cuz we don't want to know it.
  • crisb2
    crisb2 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Well, the good news is that it isn't an excuse. I'm planning on counting calories to maintain, who cares what my stomach thinks.

ditto... if your brain or your stomach are malfunctioning... your calculator shouldn't...