exercise induced nausea/over hydrating?

Options
Hello all,

I started mfp last week and have been tracking all my food and drinking more water (more then I ever have in a day but not going over the 8 glasses) and have also started cardio at least 30 mins a day. Early Monday morning I woke up feeling like I had gut rot (nausea). I ate a couple Tums thinking maybe a bug or something disagreeing with me. However it has continued. Do you think that these changes to my daily lifestyle are causing this annoying nausea feeling? Maybe exercise induced nausea or over hydrating?

Replies

• svandever101585
    svandever101585 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I doubt it is over hydrating. I drink 12-16 glasses a water a day and do not have any issues. I know everyone is different but I think you would need to drink alot more then 8 glasses.
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

I started mfp last week and have been tracking all my food and drinking more water (more then I ever have in a day but not going over the 8 glasses) and have also started cardio at least 30 mins a day. Early Monday morning I woke up feeling like I had gut rot (nausea). I ate a couple Tums thinking maybe a bug or something disagreeing with me. However it has continued. Do you think that these changes to my daily lifestyle are causing this annoying nausea feeling? Maybe exercise induced nausea or over hydrating?
    No I don't think so, but maybe ask a doctor. 8 glasses is fine and 30 min shouldn't cause any problems.
  • Jewlz280
    Jewlz280 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Well, if you open up your profile so we could see your actual exercise and food diary, that would help a lot. I know I get nausea when I'm overly hungry from too few cals. So, you could be dehydrated slightly, not enough food, blood sugar issues, anything. But no real way to know without making that stuff public. If you don't want to do that, you may want to see a doc. Good luck and hope you figure it out! I know I HATE that feeling!
  • 4trvlpk
    Options
    Thanks for the replies and sorry for not getting back to you. I have a doc appt tomorrow to check for possible issues with my gall bladder.
  • SerenitiC
    SerenitiC Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Well, if you open up your profile so we could see your actual exercise and food diary, that would help a lot. I know I get nausea when I'm overly hungry from too few cals. So, you could be dehydrated slightly, not enough food, blood sugar issues, anything. But no real way to know without making that stuff public. If you don't want to do that, you may want to see a doc. Good luck and hope you figure it out! I know I HATE that feeling!

Thanks for this post. I started out recently too and have been playing with the Sworkit app. I did 2 5 min core exercises last week no problem(was my first time using) But I did 10 minutes of just stretching and 5 on upper body strengthening(I figured do a 5 min first time trying something so I get a good idea of how it's gonna work) and I was nauseous after walking the dog for a pee break. I was worried I'd done something, but after reading your post realized I hadn't eaten recently enough! Now I know how to fix it and I appreciate it!