August - no more snacking after dinner/cut off time

Options

Replies

• rosemary10
    rosemary10 Posts: 253
    Options
    Me 10 vs Snacks 2

Hi Kazren and Thickntired - welcome :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Hope it goes well for you all. I also am up late a lot since I work night shift and have weird bedtimes. I just try to quit eating 2 hrs before i go to bed. This thread has really curbed my snackin since I know I'll have to report successes and failures. Looking forward to hearing how it goes for you. (I always learn something) :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    11 me/2 snacks.
    Still going strong. Tonight the cut off will be 9 as I am going to a party.

WELCOME all you new ones. We love having the support. You Can Do This!!!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    13 me/2 snacks.
  • rosemary10
    Options
    Me 10 vs The Little Crazies 3
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    13 me/2 snacks.

***Where in the world did I learn to count? Okay, so NOW it's 13 me and 2 snacks. See how optimistic I was being. Setting myself up for success a day early***
  • fivedaily
    Options
    Oh I love this...snacking at night is one of my major problems! It would probably help if I went to bed on time as well. Believe it or not I just wrote this down as one of my goals for this week and I'm finding this thread. My long term goal is not to eat three hours before bed (but allow myself tea- great minds think alike, eh?) My goal this week is to not eat one hour before bed. So I guess if I eat one hour before bed this week I will consider that snacking. Next week I'll go to two hours and so on. So let me get this straight....when you say

13 me/2snack....does that translate to 13 days w/o snacking and 2 days snacking?

Another question, if I have one snack does that mean I lost the point for that day?

If the above is true then my score is:

0 me/ 15 snacks :sad:

Thanks again for this great idea....5
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    fivedaily - Yes, the 13 me/2 snacks is a tally (at least for me) for the month. But for you, start just for today. For example, for you today it will read "1 me/0 snacks" when you post tomorrow morning :happy:

Although the support is awesome, each of us have our own little challenges. So be kind to yourself. For me, I try and set a consistent time for cut off (usually 8:30) regardless of when I go to bed because I tend to nibble later in the evening if given the opportunity. Sometimes I'll move the time down by 15 minutes and have gotten down to 7:30 but then was consistently failing, so I moved it back. Better to have small successes than huge failures. So pick a form of this challenge that works for you and your weaknesses and will make you stronger.

Hope that answered your question. We are happy to have you here!!!
  • rosemary10
    Options
    Me 13 / Snacks 3 What happened to 12/3. (The time is getting away from me)

Hope Dew is doing well :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    14 me/2 snacks.
    Still going strong, though seriously overate yesterday, even with exercise
    :blushing:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    15 me/2 snacks.
  • rosemary10
    Options
    I seriously overate yesterday too but did hold off on getting a smoothie from McDonalds that I really wanted. -Not even hungry today.

me 14/ snacks 3
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Proud of you for sticking with it - you are doing really well, ladies! :flowerforyou:.
    I'm gonna leave it where it is this month - I do keep on losing weight, though :wink: (Lorna you were right, hehe)
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    15 me/3 snacks...but I already knew I wasn't going to win this battle. At least not on Wednesday nights as long as Snowball stands are open. It is becoming a treat for our family. But I did have sugar-free flavors and then a few bites of everyone else. Good times.

Hiya Dew SmileyFaceWaving.jpg
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Hey, a old face stopping by to say hello! It's good to see this one still going. :drinker: :happy:
    Even though I have not been posting I'm still on MFP and I still make it a duty not to snack late.
  • fivedaily
    Options
    Just getting caught up. My score is 1 me/18 snacks. I know you (lulabellewoowoo) said I could start as of the 16th but I wanted to keep w/the month thing. I'm not giving up!

Teetee: nice stats! You inspire me!

rosemary: nice job on saying no to the smoothie!

Everyone: Keep marching towards progress! :smile:

• lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    16 me/3 snacks
  • rosemary10
    Options
    Me 16 / Snacks 3

It really helps to know I'll have to post my results against the snacks. It has saved me more than once. Thanks Lula for the post. :drinker:

Hi Dew :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Nice work Teetee! You are a breath of fresh air. It's good to see you and good pic. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    It really helps to know I'll have to post my results against the snacks. It has saved me more than once. Thanks Lula for the post. :drinker:
    It has saved me a lot this week actually from getting the "late night munchies". Thanks gals!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    Me 17 / Snacks 3

Going away for the weekend with a girlfriend to the beach and lots of yummy badness. So I am going to make my cutoff time 9:30 and hope I can stick to it.

Have a great weekend everyone.
  • rosemary10
    Options
    Fivedaily - Thanks for the encouragement. :flowerforyou:

Lets see it's:

Me 17 vs Snacks 4

I completely forgot about the no latenight snacking with my house guests here tonight. Isn't that crazy? I must be becoming more normal again. Not stressing over food a big part of the day, but just eating when I need to and not eating a crazy amount just because I want it. I'm starting to become less afraid of food. :glasses: