How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
How often do you weigh yourself?

Replies

• kat239
    kat239 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Once a week and I don't scale hop during that week.
  • thesophierose
    thesophierose Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    sadly, everyday... >.> I don't recommend that tho.
  • Glamazon90
    Glamazon90 Posts: 23 Member
    Options

That's how I am. I freak out if i don't see immediate progress or if my weight fluctuates. I'm driving myself nuts! I'm thinking once a month would be good for me but I don't know if I have the patience!
  • Glamazon90
    Glamazon90 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Once a week and I don't scale hop during that week.

I use to do it this way. Do you find that it is better on your nerves doing it this way?
  • thesophierose
    thesophierose Posts: 754 Member
    Options

That's how I am. I freak out if i don't see immediate progress or if my weight fluctuates. I'm driving myself nuts! I'm thinking once a month would be good for me but I don't know if I have the patience!

Once a month would be lovely, just stick to your diet discipline and you should be fine. But I am the same way, trust me. I drive myself crazy most days. It's like I'm addicted to the scale!
  • 75in2013
    75in2013 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Daily
  • LumpySpacePrincess1
    Options
    Every Saturday. Right now I'm weighing myself on Wednesdays as well because a group on here asked me to.
    Better that way. No one's losing anything significant on a daily basis. C'mon now.
  • fitmusiclifeviola
    Options
    I can't understand how it is suggested to just weight 1x/week. Weight fluctuates a lot so I measure it a lot, but generally the same time of day, early am, after void, same clothing I always wear for it for consistency. I plot that on a graph and get a good sense of the average over the course of a week. I usually weigh right before bed too, and I get to know how much I usually lose over night, though surprisingly it fluctuates some too. But generally, with ~2 lbs, the #s are all similar. I find it HELPS to weigh often and see the fluctuation up and down.
    Actually, with frequent measurement, I can see about a .25-.33 lb/week decrease in my average weight (when I'm trying to maintain, not lose), despite it fluctuating + or - about 2 lbs from that #.
    So I say, weigh often, but don't make a big deal of small ups OR DOWNS!
  • MissBellatrix
    Options
    I am doing it in a daily basis, but sometimes it discourage me.
  • Jessica_Mujahidah
    Options
    Daily, I'm obsessed. I wish I could be a once a weeker, but I always get so tempted when I see the scales sitting there.

What I have learned not to do is freak out when it doesn't go down, or worse, reads higher than the day before. I only log on MFP once a week though.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Once every few weeks, just to make sure I'm still in my maintenance range.
  • PrayerMiracle
    Options
    I record every calorie IN and exercise calories out to find out what my net deficit is and then I calculate how deficit calories for the week (ie/ how many pounds I theoretically should have lost). I do this for four weeks. I then weigh myself and see if my calculations were close to actual weight loss. It is so awesome to see that big change in weight loss - ie/ it makes the 4 weeks so exciting. For instance, for the month of August, I calculated that I should lose x number of pounds and when I stepped on the scale I had lost that amt plus an extra 2 lbs. I hope to NEVER go back to weighing myself daily (too frustrating when the weight fluctuates for the worse).
  • klyn05
    klyn05 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I do it daily... a lot of people don't recommend this but it *personally* keeps me in check. If I only weighed myself once a week i'm sure I'd eventually see the loss on the scale :) But doing it daily for me just lets me know where my body is at and if I'm fluctuating or actually gaining, etc. Plus of course love to be notified when it goes down asap because thats always a good feeling :)
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    2x a month
  • AnabolicKyle
    AnabolicKyle Posts: 489 Member
    Options

this
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    PUT THE SCALE AWAY

The best way to help with patience if you want to weigh less frequently is to keep the scale put away. Put it in a closet or under your sink, whatever. Then just pull it out on the days that you want to weigh.
  • NiccoleG
    NiccoleG Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Only once a week. I love to step on the scale and see a week's worth of hard work pay off!
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Im with you I weigh every do to keep me motivated I know thats not good
  • WanderingPomme
    WanderingPomme Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Every day (bad I know) Used to do it multiple times in a day. LOL It was out of curiosity how my weight fluctuates day to day. What's important is that we should accept fluctuations.
  • mrshudson813
    mrshudson813 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Once a week. I know my weight fluctuates and I get too discouraged if I weigh one day and then gain a pound the next day. So, once a week works best for me.