I got knocked down...but I'm up again!

Options
As I was at the gym this morning the infamous song Tubthumping by Chumbawamba came on my Ipod and it really made me think....I feel like the last couple of months this weight loss journey I am on has really just knocked me down. I was on a roll up until I hit my 50 pounds lost. I was feeling great and then went to run my first 5k in June. I was pretty proud that I had jogged/walked the 5k in about 47 minutes. What came next I wasn't expecting. I had done some damage to my left foot that knocked my on my butt hardcore for over a week. No exercise, nothing. Then, after it started to feel better, I was afraid to get into the gym and really push myself. I was afraid I was going to injure myself again. So I just did less, which wasn't enough.

So I have been bouncing around with these 5 pounds since June. I got knocked down but I'm up again. I moved out of my apartment this weekend. Me and my roommate and 2 pick up trucks. We live on the 2nd and 3rd floors in a town home and we moved ourself, just the two of us. We have moved 4 times and this is the only time we did it ourself. Doing this just the two of us gave me the boost I needed. That I am doing this and I am making my lifestyle change. When we moved into our first apartment on the 3rd floor I could barley carry groceries upstairs...now here I am...4 years later carrying bookcases, queen size beds, dressers, boxes etc...for 2 days straight. I'm a little sore but nothing that isn't expected..

Here's to making August a great month and getting back up! Happy Monday!

Replies

• tmcowan
    tmcowan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    You've come a long way!!!! Sometimes we have setbacks, that's just life, August is a new month and you're going to kick butt!!! Way to go on the 50lbs., that awesome.
  • NancyMoedt
    NancyMoedt Posts: 207
    Options
    WTG for choosing to get back up again! It is a rough ride. But remember, you are also a stronger you because of that choice. Hugs.
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Keep it up! "They're never gonna keep [you] down!" :glasses:
  • rmwilliams0519
    Options
    You know I'm feeling the same way. Thank you for sharing this made me feel better since I'm in the same boat.
  • raiderape
    raiderape Posts: 300
    Options
    You are doing great Jess! I am so glad that you are ready for some more!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Thanks y'all! I really appreciate the support!