Losing weight, eating TONS of food

Options
Hi everyone -

I'm a 19 year old female, active college student. For the past two years and especially over the summer, I was watching what I was eating, counting calories, and eating a low carb high protein diet. I aimed for around 1300-1500 calories a day. I'm 5'9" and was 147 lbs trying to get down to 140. Despite my efforts, I couldn't lose weight for the life of me.

Heres the weird part: came back to college, I've been stress eating and eating tons of carbs and sugar (a lot of cereal and ice cream, etc). I haven't been counting calories. I have diarrhea sometimes
and I get somewhat bloated but the strange part is that I'm losing weight. I haven't weighed myself my I'm pretty sure I've lost a few pounds. It seems like no matter what I eat, it doesn't have much of an effect on me. What gives?? Any feedback is appreciated! Thank you!

Also, I run about 2-3 miles 4-5 times a week ( this has been something I've always done)

Replies

• jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Also, I run about 2-3 miles 4-5 times a week ( this has been something I've always done)

Your starting to feed your body what it needs for fuel, that is why you may be loosing some weight.
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Hey there,

It might help to start tracking your calories and your weight - just from a health point of view if nothing else?

If you're eating loads of calories, ie way more than you need but still having diarrhoea and losing weight then I would definitely see a doctor just to rule out any gastro conditions. Don't want to scare you, btw it's most likely nothing to worry about.

All the best :smile:
  • Featherweighttt
    Featherweighttt Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    It sounds a little like you're having an adverse reaction to what you're eating, so your body isn't absorbing it. Diarrhoea is ALWAYS a bad sign and not something to ignore. Go to a doctor and get a blood test to see what your vitamin levels are like. I know it's hard to want to stop something when you're losing weight but it could be really damaging to your body!
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    It's hard to comment really because you don't know how many calories you've been consuming, and you don't know how much weight you've lost. It does sound like a trip to the doctor might be in order though.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    You don't know how much you're eating and you don't know that you've lost weight so how have you come to the conclusion that you are eating tons and losing?
  • nikkilar94
    Options
    Hi guys! Thank you all for the feedback. I'll definitely make a doctor's appointment....it's nice losing weight but I know it could be a stomach problem. Just to clarify based on some of your responses: I know I've been losing weight because my clothes have been increasingly looser and people have commented! I'll probably start logging my calories again....I've been too scared to add it all up (avoiding seeing massive calorie total).
  • Dylanss180
    Options
    You have been depriving your body of calories for a long time. Once you started feeding it your body can't absorb all the food you are eating. That is why you are having diarrhea. My wife went thru the same thing. Don't worry it will go away, it just takes a while. My wife in particular took 4 weeks. She had to go frequently. But once her body got used to the higher calorie intake it eventually got back to normal.

Hope that helps