UGH, Its soooooo hard!!

BlueEyedMomma88
BlueEyedMomma88 Posts: 558 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Ok so last night we had a Bday celebration for my sister-in-law here at my house and we had burgers, hotdogs, brats, pasta salad, chips and dip, beans, and of course CAKE!! Ok so heres my delima, all the leftovers are here and I sooooo want some for lunch becuz they r just tempting me.. UGH I hate leftover goodness.. What should I do?!?!?!

Replies

• RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    I'm a firm believer you should be able to have what you want in moderation. Is there a way for you to choose one of those leftovers and work it into your calorie intake for the day?
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Ok so last night we had a Bday celebration for my sister-in-law here at my house and we had burgers, hotdogs, brats, pasta salad, chips and dip, beans, and of course CAKE!! Ok so heres my delima, all the leftovers are here and I sooooo want some for lunch becuz they r just tempting me.. UGH I hate leftover goodness.. What should I do?!?!?!

Throw the bad stuff (cake, chips, dip) out.
  • Shawna35
    Shawna35 Posts: 65
    I totally agree with the previous poster! Choose one and make it work! :)
  • bree1609
    bree1609 Posts: 136
    Next time you have a party, encourage your guests to take food home. In the meantime, try to resist or get rid of it. I'm the kind of person who has to keep food like that out of my house or I'll give in to it. Lucky for me, my husband tends to get to the leftovers before too long :-)
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Ask yourself what the rest of your life is going to be about: You or food?

You are here (and posting this) for a reason. You don't want that food and you don't want that 'eating lifestyle' any more. You have started a new life with a new commitment to YOU! You are the only one who is there to stop you when the food hits your plate and bounces into your mouth.

I assume you 'enjoyed' these foods during the birthday celebration, so it should not be hard to walk away from them now. Use this food as the final test of your commitment to what you want to achive in this new journey you have started.

You can do it, you want to do it, so just do it. It is your 'made up mind' that will end this temptaion for you once and for all. (Well maybe not for all but for this instance, and then the next battle will come).

You will get to the point (and should be getting there soon) where you don't want to put this type of food in your body anymore (with any kind of regular frequency).

Good Luck and remember You're watching you...
  • When that happens to me, I immediately confess my desire to my husband so that he can hold me accountable. If an accountability partner is not an option then I would get rid of it. Either make someone else take it to their house or just throw it away. Remember how far you've come and where you want to go. Also remember it's just food. We live in a country where there's always more. Don't give it so much power. I wish you the best.
  • there is nothing on that list i would eat period, except maybe the beans (depending on what kind). i do eat turkey burgers, and oscar meyer 98% fat-free hot dogs (only 40 calories). i found some reasonably low calorie chips but stopped eating them because they are only low calorie if you can stop, and i have trouble stopping with chips. i agree, next time send the leftovers home with others and throw what isn't taken out. and probably throw what you have out.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    if they will except it, give it to a soup kitchen. f not, give it out to your friends.
  • snorker88
    snorker88 Posts: 179 Member
    Can you freeze any of the leftovers? I'd try and freeze what I could for another day when I fancied a treat.

Otherwise, I'd have one thing as a treat, and try and find a home for the rest, perhaps a hungry neighbour?!

I've got no willpower though, and would probably eat my way through the lot if it was in my house!

Good luck! :smile:
  • misty589
    misty589 Posts: 319 Member
    I think it's a great opportunity to make friends with your neighbors :D Take the junk to them, that's what I do :D
  • BlueEyedMomma88
    BlueEyedMomma88 Posts: 558 Member
    Thanks for the help every1!! I chose to eat just a lil bit and stay in my calorie limit :-)
This discussion has been closed.