Terrified to ask, but getting frustrated

Options
1235»

Replies

• ThisTimeWorks
    Options
    I'm sure you are already aware but you are eating processed food .Also you have to understand CALORIE is not a main thing, it is something to adjust to, BUT you HAVE to pay attention to grams of fat you consume and carbs, AND sugars! Staying within CALORIE limit as well as within carb, fat, sugar allowance.
    Best of luck!:flowerforyou:
  • teghtmeyer
    Options
    the truth is you really don't know how much your eating and I am sorry but you must start there. you are only kidding yourself. you need to know exactley what you are eating.:wink:
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I keep hovering within shouting distance of 300 lbs myself.....and i don't know if i can help at all, except to say that the life-long changes are not supposed to happen overnight. And i know how utterly frustrating it is!!!!!!!!!!!! So hang in there!

I can't TELL you how many times i have heard it said that THE WEIGHT JUST FALLS OFF when you have a lot of weight to lose.

Maybe it's happened that way for other people, but definitely NOT for me. It has taken me probably more than 6 months to lose 17 lbs...and i started at 312 lbs.

Maybe this myth is one you keep expecting to see fulfilled....and when it doesn't happen quickly you lose steam and binge...?
  • shannashannabobana
    Options
    BUT I have a hard time making my own food without crap tons of salt, butter, cream and all the things in the world that taste so darn good!!!!
    There is nothing wrong with a bit of salt/fat/cream (I use grass fed butter and coconut oil) - just trying using them with vegetables and meats!

I don't think you have to eat 'clean' all the time, but you are eating mostly junk food and a salad. I saw some figs and I feel you on that but depending on what you put on it, that salad might not have all that many nutrients. Maybe try some steamed broccoli with a little butter, with some steak or chicken or fish. Potatoes, chard, bananas, etc... pick some new veggies and a fruit you like each week and try to eat something. There are millions of recipies to make them taste good, if you're one of those 'i hate veggies' people.

Are you hungry? Are you feeling good or off?

One of the first things I did when I started losing weight was dropping sugary drinks (for me this was cokes, mostly). You can also limit things like that to one day a week or a special occasion or whatever if you want. Some will disagree with this, but it worked for me.
  • swat1948
    swat1948 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't eat super clean myself, but I do keep under unless it's a special occasion. I have been at this a little while and as long as you keep your diary under and you move, you should be losing. I agree with the folks who say for you to open your diary. That being said though if you keep on moving and you continue to eat less, sooner or later, you will lose. Just keep plugging away at it!
  • sdchastain
    sdchastain Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    When I got honest with my tracking, I lose. When I'm not so diligent, it stalls. Some things to try: Don't eat after 8pm, eat at least 5 vegetables a day. Eat a pear or an apple a day (pears actually have more fiber). Drink lots of water. Maybe find someone who you can diary share with for one week. Knowing you have to show someone your food diary makes you more accountable. Good luck we have ALL been where you are and if I know me, will be there again too. :)
  • aezaidan
    aezaidan Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!

That is a whole lot of info to take in.... but i appreciate people taking time to go through my info and lending a helping hand!!!