To do or not to do, Insanity 60 day challenge?

Options
Ok, so I am thinking about trying the 60 day Insanity challenge. I would like to hear/see real result or opinions on this. Is it worth it?
I would love to see pictures or hear stories!

Thank you

Replies

• Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I got through almost 3 weeks of it before forces outside my control stopped me in my tracks.
    I loved it. I did lose and I felt great, although that video is going to kick your butt!

My plan is to start it again in a few weeks. I need to let life settle down a bit before I can fit in another workout. :)
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    If you aren't 100% committed to busting your *kitten* don't do it. And I mean busting!!! Insanity is NO JOKE even for the fittest of people. I finished in April and I must say the results were ok, could have been better, it was my fault. Here are the best tips/advice I can give you.....

1 - Make sure you are eating enough. If you want to do this on 1200 you will likely not make it past 3 weeks. It's just not enough fuel for your body. You don't have to follow the guide they give you but your results will be best if you do.

2 - Throw away your scale. It is highly likely in the first month you will gain a few pounds, mostly water weight from your body trying to repair itself. Go by measurements and how your clothes fit. Only weigh yourself on scheduled days.

3 - DO NOT try to keep up with the people in the videos. Most of them are some sort of fitness instructor, marathon runner, or the like and have completed the program AT LEAST once.

4 - If you NEED to pause, pause. A lot of people will say if you are pausing you aren't doing it right. I say if you are about to collapse an need 60 seconds to get your crap together, pause.

Be prepared to test yourself mentally, physically and emotionally. I lost 13 pounds which may not sound like much but it LOOKED like I lost 35 pounds.
  • MuscleAndMascara
    MuscleAndMascara Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I hear you! I think it will help me with what to do. I dont always know how or what to do when I'm at the gym. I feel kind of embarrasse and all i end u[p doing is mostly cardio. I really want to go all the way. Not just weight loss, but building muscle and getting a tighter firmer body :)

Thank you so much for your info!
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    You may want to look into Body Pump then. Insanity is 90% cardio with 10% body weight exercises.
  • MuscleAndMascara
    MuscleAndMascara Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I'll look into that too! thank you :)