I need a little guidance

Options
I have been doing this for almost 8 months now and have lost a good deal of weight. But for the last two months I have stayed in the same stop. I need some guidance in how to jump start my body again to move the scale again. I am happy that I am not gaining, but I would prefer to loose. Please help thank you

Replies

• ladynocturne
    ladynocturne Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    If you diary is completely 100% correct (you didn't forget to log the rest of your food on some days) I've noticed you eat less than 1000 net calories pretty consistently. This is really unhealthy.

Please make sure you NET your calorie goal (which looks like it's 1400?) everyday, yes that means eating your exercise calories on top of your goal.

Trying to maintain a really high deficit can cause a lot of problems, such as extremely high cortisol levels. This hormone can prevent weight loss. The other side effect of a high calorie deficit is lean muscle loss. This can lower your metabolism over all and make it so you maintain your current weight on much fewer calories than an average person of the same height and weight.

The best way to continue to lose weight healthily is to make sure you're eating enough calories. You will gain some water and waste weight the first few weeks, it is temporary and it will go away.
  • Imracing
    Imracing Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have been in the same boat before. I found that my body became use to the regiment. It has happened two times to me. Each time I have taken a vacation from my "diet" or life style change. What this means is I take a week off of my exercise and I eat a few extra calories. This doesn't mean I eat what ever I want. I am still cautious what I put in my body but at the same time if I want pizza for one meal I eat it and don't feel bad about it. I then start back up at the end of the week. I usually have gained a pound or two but it is enough to shock my system back into loosing and those two pounds come back off easy and keeps going.

Well that is what works for me.

Good Luck
    Josh
  • erikabailey6
    Options
    Thank you for your reply, both responses make a lot of sense to me. I do think I don't eat enough a lot of the time. I loose track of time and it get beyond me