Cycling calories

scherden
scherden Posts: 6 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Does anyone have suggestions on how to cycle my calories so that I can bust out of this stubborn plateau? I've lost about 14 pounds since April (with no changes in activity), but for the last month or so have been stuck going back and forth on the same pound. i've read about breaking through plateaus, and I am trying to stick it out, but its becoming discouraging.
This past week, I started the 30 day shred, at every other day, and I'll be going to a pilates class tonight. Hoping to get the 30 day shred up to 5-6 days a week over the next month. So I am hoping that the added activity will help break me out of this plateau.

I had also read about cycling calories to help break out. I am at 1270 a day, if I cannot eat below 1200 net per day without slowing my metabolism, short of doing a 1200, 1200, 1200, 1410, 1200, 1200, 1200, 1410, I can't think of any other way to cycle them.

Does anyone else try to cycle with so little calories to work with? Any other thoughts on breaking out of this plateau would be extremely helpful!

Thanks!

Replies

• Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    I was stuck for 3 weeks. I switched up my workouts (I was doing the same ones, same intensity) and did a greater intensity. You have to startle your body a bit. If you usually walk on the treadmill at a moderate to brisk pace, for instance, throw in a couple mins of running in there every 5 mins- that sort of stuff got my out of my plateau.
  • scherden
    scherden Posts: 6 Member
    Thanks for the advice! I just started the 30 day shred (vs not doing anything work out wise) so that should be enough of a push from that direction, and I am on the 3rd day of bumping up my calories and then will go back to 1270 tomorrow. And, I am doing my best to drink a ton of water.

Any thoughts on how to cycle calories when I only have 1270 daily to work with?
This discussion has been closed.