Question about walking

Options
I've been walking this summer and now a five mile walk is my daily average at a 17 min./mi. average I want to do a 10 mile walk on Sunday for a cause. Today I walked 7. What I'm wondering is should I walk tomorrow, or rest? My shoes fit well, I have an old taped blister with no discomfort. I do have some glute stiffness from a squat challenge. I have walked with a double bottle pack this week to get used to it. If yes I should walk; do I go for more mileage or just keep loose?

Replies

• _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    When I was getting ready for my Ridiculous Obstacle Course Race (3.1 miles www.rocrace.com) I rested the day before. I did that for 2 reasons, 1 to rest and 2, I'm a klutz, so I could make sure I didn't hurt myself before going.
  • pearlmorning
    pearlmorning Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Lol, I've been afraid of that too! The walk is important to me and I just know I'm going to step on glass or something! Thanks for replying.
  • roxylola
    roxylola Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Is it on level ground or is it more of a hike. Based on your times it should be taking your about 2.5 hours. If you walk 5 every day and did 7 today I can't see how a rest day would do you any harm. Have a nice hot bath and relax instead to help your glutes :D
  • pearlmorning
    pearlmorning Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Where I live it's all gravel roads with some ups and downs, but nothing severe.
  • skoecher45
    skoecher45 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I would go with the a rest day tomorrow. But whatever you do, be safe and enjoy the walk/day. We're hiking and having a picnic at the Split Rock Lighthouse in Two Harbors on Sunday. Sounds like it's suppose to be sunny day.