Foot blisters

Options
Hello
I run ...I run for 6-10 K 3-4 times a week and I'm having Foot blisters the kind that is full with water inside .
Does anyone else gets it?
Any advise how to avoid it.

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    There's only one real solution......shoes that fit properly.

You might also want to try some running specific, 2 layer socks that help reduce friction but ultimately it's always the shoes and, sometimes, it takes a little trial and error to find the perfect fit (each manufacturer has slightly different specification.

Here's some reading for you with pointers to find the right fit.

http://www.runnersworld.com/running-shoes/how-buy-right-running-shoes?page=single
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    oh my, I have this too,
    and very good shoes that fit right,
    sigh....................
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Heat, friction, and moisture cause blisters.

Heat? Get good moisture wicking socks

Friction? Good socks, shoes one/half size up

Moisture? Socks, foot powder

I got them really bad on long runs when I shoes that were "my size."
  • KelliB3
    KelliB3 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I was having the exact same problem. I bought Addidas "climacool" socks that have venting and also sprinkle foot powder inside of them prior to my run. The biggest help of all was getting new shoes.... Now with it all combined I'm happy to say I'm blister free!
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options

Me too.

Don't wear cotton socks! Switching to to something like dri-fit socks solved the problem on my short runs.

Before my long runs, I taped the areas that I knew were likely to blister with moleskin and that helped a lot. It kept the old blisters from rubbing more and getting worse Once the areas were healed, it stopped new blisters from forming.
  • liormintz
    liormintz Posts: 150 Member
    Options

One/half size??
    Isn't that that make friction even worse?
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options

One/half size??
    Isn't that that make friction even worse?

Your feet swell when you run, and when they have no room, they will rub until you get a blister. Once I sized up, all my problems with blisters went away. It also allows better air circulation through the shoe. You should ideally have about a sideways-thumb distance you can push down at the toe of the shoe.
  • TMLPatrick
    TMLPatrick Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I've completed C25k and never got blisters on those runs, but the color run that I did gave me terrible blisters, and I also got them recently on a mile long walk.... not sure what I was doing differently.... same shoes, etc. Who knows....
  • Jolene8992
    Jolene8992 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I bought some great running socks and a body glide at academy. Works wonders. The blisters started showing up at the 4 to 5 mile mark. I wear mizuno prophecy and alternate with my brooks gts. You just have to take other precautions. 2 socks on right foot; onlyone on left. I now do 7 - 10 miles a day. But somedays, it still happens. Hope that helps.
  • Jolene8992
    Jolene8992 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Oh and the half size up was the best thing. No more sore toes
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    I got them badly, until I started putting vaseline on my feet.
  • yolokindagirl
    yolokindagirl Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I put a small piece of cotton ball with white sports tape over the blisters when I work out
  • momof2boyz832
    momof2boyz832 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I have tried socks that 'wick' away moisture, wearing 2 pair of socks, trying new sneakers, different sizes of sneakers, and just sticking it out. I find Vaseline works great for any blisters in between the toes. The ones that may appear at the heal I will wear a large bandaid covering most of the back of the foot.. It seems that no two combinations work every time.. Walking less is not an option for me so I push on through...