Still New to all of this & need HELP!!

Options
I weigh 210 right now and my 1st goal us to weigh 180. What do I need to do to start losing weight!? Do I stop eating all fats? Hire do I lose the fat!? Help!? "/

Replies

• batgirl140
    batgirl140 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Its a good idea to look at your current diet and see what in there is helping you gain weight and/or maintain it. Does your diet consist of processed foods, fat and sugar? Or do you eat fairly well but just in quantity? I was guilty of both. Now you have your calorie allowance set for you on MFP. If you stick to or stay close but under that, you will lose weight. And when you add some exercise, even just walking, of course you will lose more. I've been on here for a bit over 3 months, I started at 232 and have lost almost 20 pounds. Mainly what I've done is kept close to my set calorie number, eating just under it and definitely trying to eat better foods. I've tried to walk at least once a week, need to do more than that but I get in what I can. Start with reducing calories and taking a close look at what you used to eat. Stick to it don't get frustrated and celebrate any successes! We all have bad days now and then don't let them derail you, get back at it the next day and KEEP GOING! Hope that helped. :)
  • Tina0712
    Tina0712 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    It does help, thank you! & Great job! :)
  • jema_b98
    jema_b98 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    It also helps to log everything you eat. It keeps you accountable for all those hidden calories that sneek in during our routines. Try replacing one not so good food with a healthy choice, each week. It doesn't mean that you can't have any treats but that's what they are, a treat, and should not be a regular food item. It also helps to cut WAY back on the bread, potatoes, rice, cakes, pies, etc.
    Good luck to you!
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    Log your food

Open your diary

Exercise

Burn more calories than you eat
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Losing weight really is as simple as telling MFP how much weight you want to lose per week and the other information it asks for like current weight... Then eat less calories than the goal tells you to eat and exercise a little bit and you will lose weight. As you are losing weight then continually look for one or two areas for improvement weekly and make those adjustments. I'm Lew... Married, dad of two soon to be three I started 14 months ago at 425 pounds and weigh 240 now... 185 pounds dropped. No surgery, no Bob or Jillian! Just watching what I do making some small adjustments every week, logging everything I eat and drink, and moving my butt more! You can do it too! Welcome to MFP! Anyone is welcome to add me.
  • burlingtongrl
    burlingtongrl Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I really admire your dedication! Keep it up.