Feeling very tired, dizzy, no energy

Options
2»

Replies

• FrauHaas2013
    FrauHaas2013 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I've been told that adults should get between 7-9 hours of sleep everyday. So that, combined with maybe not eating enough "energetic" foods?
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    You're going to feel so much better now you've upped them.

Also wanted to add - it might be worth seeing a doctor for your anxiety issues, if you haven't already? There's so many wonderful therapies and coping techniques around these days.
  • Hildy_J
    Options
    Seriously, has anyone but me noticed this young woman does not need to lose weight?

I just assumed she's not very tall...?
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    You weigh 120 lbs and are trying to lose 7 to 10. You do not need to lose anymore weight.

Seriously, has anyone but me noticed this young woman does not need to lose weight?

That is what I was thinking too.
    She probably needs to exercise to tone and reshape her body vs losing those 7-10 pounds.
  • melbee4
    Options
    not me on the picture
  • melbee4
    Options
    yes i just want to tone and feel better and i'm 5'3
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    yes i just want to tone and feel better and i'm 5'3
    then start picking up heavy things. It'll seriously help.

...and no, you won't get "bulky."

Look up Stronglifts 5x5, Starting Strength, New Rules of Lifting for Women, or Convict Conditioning.

and check this out too:

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I get dizzy when i have slept less, but not too tired. I get tired, dizzy and weak feeling when its a combo of less sleep and working out too much previous day and not eating enough.
  • SkagitYogini
    SkagitYogini Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    You weigh 120 lbs and are trying to lose 7 to 10. You do not need to lose anymore weight.

This^ I'm glad you upped your calorie intake. You will feel better with a healthier approach to your body. In your profile you state that you used to weigh 108 3 years ago. At the age of 18 you weren't even fully grown for crying out loud!
  • Hildy_J
    Options

This^ I'm glad you upped your calorie intake. You will feel better with a healthier approach to your body. In your profile you state that you used to weigh 108 3 years ago. At the age of 18 you weren't even fully grown for crying out loud!

It's fine. Her goal BMI is 20.6 which is well into the healthy range. :smile:
  • melbee4
    Options
    Thank you guys. And yes, I want to be in my healthy range of course :) That's why I'm aiming for 113
  • melbee4
    Options
    And i'm consulting for my anxiety issues! I had them since 16, now 21
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    You're describing physical symptoms of anxiety. I have relatives who react in this way too. PS, they eat like crap, and I'm certain that if they'd eat better (more), their symptoms would subside.

So please eat more and continue to get counseling with your anxiety problems.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    How much water are you drinking? I don't see any logged in. You could just be dehydrated.
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,702 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with anxiety; so I just tried to calm down whenever it occurred. Then I was in the doctor's office when it happened and it turns out I have atrial fibrillation. It's very hard for the doctors to catch if they aren't there when it happens. I've always wondered how many people with anxiety actually have AFib or Flutter.

If you have a pulse-oxymeter that has an EKG-type readout, pop it on when the feeling happens and look at the readout. AFib goes up and down the full length, then in the top half, then skips, the full again, etc. which is to say it is extremely erratic. Anxiety looks different. Atrial flutter (which causes extreme exhaustion; but for me is hard to feel) also shows up - as an extremely extremely fast heartbeat.

BTW, too little water can also make you dizzy. Good luck.
  • melbee4
    Options
    Paula: I would highly doubt it. I'm only 21 and no heart problems in my family. i had an ecg not long ago

Indeed it was anxiety mixed with fatigue. I realized how i started feeling dizzy and it was after reading something online about some people being dizzy when exercising and i started feeling anxious, dizzy, nausea and stuff.