Looking for friends 40+

Options

Replies

• andy_geek
    andy_geek Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm 47, live near the city of Seattle. I love the camaraderie of MFP. Anyone is welcome to add me. :)
  • ELEANOR43da
    ELEANOR43da Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me .Definitely more difficult and easy to come down on yourself at times. I find these people great motivators .
  • ijohn001
    Options
    I'm 45, but really. .. I consider myself more like 2 twenties, or sometimes 4 elevens.

Living this life. Any one feel free to add me.
    :happy:
  • ijohn001
    Options
    Double post. .. Sorry.
  • dredrake1
    dredrake1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
  • pauljsaunders
    Options
    Hi, Feel free to add me to your friends, check my profile if it will make you feel more comfortable... Enjoy your MFP journey.

All the best

Paul
  • Fkika3131
    Fkika3131 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I am 44 years.....and yes in our awesome 40's is very hard for me to lose this darn weight. You can surely add me :)
  • FixIngMe13
    FixIngMe13 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am 46. I log daily and keep an open diary. Feel free to add me.

Good luck.

Groovy, I have to say.... everytime I see you post something in the forums I think to myself... "Wow she is pretty!" Had to share since I seen you again... you certainly don't look like you are close to being in your 40's!
  • wheeliegirl
    Options
    hi im 43, i started on here yesterday, i was going to ask the same thing as you, i too would like friends for motivation and support, i am in a wheelchair have been for the last five years due to being overweight, and haven't been able to use my calipers and crutches because of it also. its going to be a struggle, but the doctor said if i can lose the weight i should be able to try and get back on my calipers and crutches. So im giving it a go. So add me please, and ill add you back x
  • carplady
    carplady Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm 48, live in the UK and been on here since February - feel free to add me :smile:
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I'm 48 and doing great, anyone can add me.....
  • wattswarming
    wattswarming Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello!! I'm 43 and I'd love to get to join your over 40 support and motivation club!!
  • burlingtongrl
    burlingtongrl Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I just turned 43 last month and decided now was the time to get back in shape...the summer vacation photos were a huge motivator as well. I have 30+ lbs to lose and am on everyday. Please feel free to add me for some extra encouragement and support. I keep an open diary as well.
  • LaserOctopus
    LaserOctopus Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I consider myself more like 2 twenties, or sometimes 4 elevens.

I'm so stealing this. It will have to be four tens, though, since I'm 41...
  • CantonMan1234
    CantonMan1234 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I like to walk and bicycle for the majority of my exercise.
  • Jaydec70
    Jaydec70 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm 42, and been at this about a month. Have 2 kids 12 yo boy with autism, and 9 yo girl and a wonderful wife who is joining me on the journey, but much more shy than I. I hail from New England and also have had type 2 diabetes if that is a struggle for anyone too. Anyone on a similar journey, feel free to add me.
  • melaniehubbard
    melaniehubbard Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 46 and I'm on here everyday.Anyone can add me.
    Doing zumba for the first time today hope I can keep up!
  • morning_joy
    morning_joy Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, My name is Juliana and I am 46. I have had a hard time losing weight for the last 18 years since I put it on. I have started focusing on my fitness and inches lost instead of the number on the scale because those things are things I can control. I can push myself to do something harder today than I did yesterday. I can increase my steps or cardio minutes each day. I can add strength training in. I can lose inches. I would love to have you as a workout partner. I look for people to push me each day. To challenge me to do something new and different. Tomorrow, I will walk/run my first 5k. For the longest time, I wanted to do a 5k but could not run the entire thing so I didn't. I finally decided that I don't care how I look. I can walk the part I need to walk and I can run the part I can run and it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. I will reduce my total time each time I participate in one. That is my new goal.
  • mistij68
    mistij68 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm 44 soon to be 45,feel free to add me. I log in everyday and have an open diary. It has been harder to lose weight in my forties than it was in my twenties. I will reach my goal though! Welcome aboard!:smile:
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,446 Member
    Options
    just posting a similar topic on the go in case its of any help - also contains info on current groups started for women of our age lol
    welcome to mfp and congrats on choosing to make great changes!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/932052-looking-for-other-40-50-age-group-w-motivation-to-be-fit
    :bigsmile: