I'm bored with my workouts... need suggestions please.

Options
I used to walk, which turned into running, which turned into a stress fracture in my shin. So I can't do any jumping activities or high impact for a month or two. I bike, I have The Firm DVD's and I go to a gym for elliptical and heavy weight lifting but only once a week because that is all I have time for. I have dumbbells up to 10 lbs at home.

But I am bored with it all. Running is what motivated me. I got excited about it. I need some suggestions of something else I can do for a while until I can go back to running. Currently I am riding my bike and doing the DVD's. But even those are limited because if they get too high impact, it hurts. That eliminates 30DS and Insanity, both of which I have. I don't have access to a pool without a membership somewhere and I can't afford that.

Help?

Replies

• themommie
    themommie Posts: 4,994 Member
    Options
    How about try some new classes the park and rec usually has classes for $20 a month and less I have done yoga, pilates, I also took an aerobic trampoline class and a spinning class, look for different classes in your area, also there are alot of youtube videos I love blogilates and fitness blender
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    How about try some new classes the park and rec usually has classes for $20 a month and less I have done yoga, pilates, I also took an aerobic trampoline class and a spinning class, look for different classes in your area, also there are alot of youtube videos I love blogilates and fitness blender

Thank you for the reply. The classes would be the same as the pool, plus they are 30 miles away because I live in a small rural area. Not easy to do. But I will check out the youtube videos. Maybe I can find something there.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Can you afford to buy some more weights?
  • jo3ster7
    Options
    at www.bodybulding.com you can find some routines to do if you want some variety
  • francinekay2
    francinekay2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Check fitnessblender.com..They have a lot of low impact workouts. You can do them in privacy of your home and they are FREE!
  • ajlsinger
    ajlsinger Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yoga! It has a reputation for not being that great of a workout, but trust me, it can definitely raise your heart rate. Check out: doyogawithme(dot)com for free classes.
  • pcdoctor01
    pcdoctor01 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Youtube sounds like a good idea.
    +3 Fitness Blender.
    Also try Hasfit on youtube.