5'4" trying to lose 10 pds, need help with calories!

I've used sparkpeople in the past to lose 10 pounds (the same that snuck back on while meals where not in my control) and i started tracking my foods again this time with the sleeker fitnesspal. However instead of last time where i was supprised by how much i was eating (and what i was eating) i have been coming in under 1200 calories. I don't know what to eat!

I have been battling intense tiredeness, though i will ride my bike for about 10 minutes a day. I dont have health insurance and the free clinics wont take the time to figure it out, so im stuck guessing.

Right now i wonder if i am prediabetic because my sister is pre, father is type 2, and grandmother is type 2 as well. Could this be the reason i am so tired all the time?

Im trying to make these adjustments and they are hard and it just leaves me in the lurch.

I am not hungry ever and have to make myself eat.

I am also allergic to soy, nuts, seeds, and peanuts. So there are some greater limitations!

if you have any helpful suggestions please don't hesitate. or if you are someone similar height with similar goals and maybe could let me look at your food diary maybe that would help too!

thanks so much!

Replies

• Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    I'm not sure I can really help much as I'm not a doctor but here goes anyway....

I think you need to try and eat more. Not eating enough makes me dizzy, faint and leaves me feeling just plain ill so you need to find something you can eat to fill your calories. Pasta is usually quite high in calories if you don't mind the carbs and egg pasta has added protein if you're lacking there because you can't eat things like nuts and soy (I felt so much better when I increased my protein intake).

I try to set myself the challenge of reaching a certain calorie target and nibble regularly so I don't end up feeling too stuffed to try and meet it. It can be difficult at first but your body will soon get used to it and you'll likely feel better.