Favorite song

Options
Please suggest your favorite song. Looking to add songs to my ever long growing list on my mp3 player. Music is very motivational to me. I like any and all types of music so any suggestions will be great. Just looking for ideas of songs that I don't already have. Sometimes you hear of great songs from others that you haven't heard of or even hear a suggestion of a song you already love but have forgotten about. =)

Replies

• KMMRN
    KMMRN Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    "We're Not Going to Take It Anymore" by Twisted Sister (The menopause theme song)
  • Kaelitr0n
    Kaelitr0n Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Try on Puscifer - Momma Sed for size. I find the beat great for powering through the tough part of a workout.

Anything by Tool or A Perfect Circle keeps me happy.
  • Howdoyoufeeltoday
    Howdoyoufeeltoday Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    My favourite song changes daily. Everytime a new album or single is released. Right now I have about 10 favourite songs. Not sure if you're looking for stuff to just listen to or workout music but i'm gonna list some of the songs on replay on my ipod right now and maybe you'll like them.

Daughtry- "Waiting for Superman"
    Parachute- "Didn't see it coming"
    Parachute- "The Other Side"
    Skylar Grey- "Wear Me Out"

I listen to heavy rock and some rap too so if you want suggestions for that I can suggest some good ones. :P
  • sarahruizfitnessjourney
    Options
    Great song choices everyone. Thank you all very much. I'm adding all those songs to my playlist right now. =)
    Options
    Love the songs you listed. I love Daughtry - "Waiting for Superman" but also the other ones you listed were great as well and I added them. I like you have my favorite song change daily. My mp3 player currently has 684 songs on it and I have it on shuffle. I love it because it's filled with ALL different types of music and I get to listen to different stuff every day so I don't get bored of the same songs over and over again. I literally listen to any and all types of music so please yes if you have some really good heavy rock and rap suggestions I will gladly take those as well. I have all sorts of stuff in my workout playlist. Even stuff others wouldn't normally think is music to workout to. =)
    My favourite song changes daily. Everytime a new album or single is released. Right now I have about 10 favourite songs. Not sure if you're looking for stuff to just listen to or workout music but i'm gonna list some of the songs on replay on my ipod right now and maybe you'll like them.

I listen to heavy rock and some rap too so if you want suggestions for that I can suggest some good ones. :P
  • sare_bear90
    sare_bear90 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm really enjoying Grouplove's new album called "Spreading Rumours". Favorite song off of that is called "Didn't Have to Go". And also off that album I really like "Shark Attack" and "What I Know". You should check it out! :)
  • JBnyc99
    JBnyc99 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. You seem to want a taste of everything, so here goes for now. None are really new,...some you may know, some, not so much.

The Painted Desert by 10,000 Maniacs - Not a "work out" song, but it's my all time favorite song. Doesn't hurt that I also happen to love the actual Painted Desert in AZ. :)

Some random tunes off the top of my head which groove pretty well,...
    Jane's Addiction - Standing in the Shower...Thinking (or Mountain Song from the same disc)
    Our Lady Peace - Starseed
    Sunny Day Real Estate - 8
    Muse - Starlight
    Muse - Stockholm Syndrome (and/or the entire Absolution disc)
    Sugar Cubes - Motorcrash
    Carney - Testify
    Toadies - Possum Kingdom

Fun Pop/Rock, no thinking needed:
    Fountains of Wayne - Any/all of the first 3 discs

Amazingly Beautiful, but depression alert for those easily affected:
    Fiona Apple - All of her first 3 discs

Folk/Rock/Pop - Wonderful songwriting, perfect harmonies. Brain cells and a soul required.
    Indigo Girls - Nomads, Indians & Saints (entire disc, but start with "Keeper of My Heart")

Have fun. :)
  • KateGifford
    KateGifford Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    New (albeit not too popular) genre:

"Southern Comfort Zone" by Brad Paisley
    "Would You Go With Me" by Josh Turner (his super deep voice is so Sexy!)
    And pretty much anything by The Band Perry
  • Howdoyoufeeltoday
    Howdoyoufeeltoday Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Love the songs you listed. I love Daughtry - "Waiting for Superman" but also the other ones you listed were great as well and I added them. I like you have my favorite song change daily. My mp3 player currently has 684 songs on it and I have it on shuffle. I love it because it's filled with ALL different types of music and I get to listen to different stuff every day so I don't get bored of the same songs over and over again. I literally listen to any and all types of music so please yes if you have some really good heavy rock and rap suggestions I will gladly take those as well. I have all sorts of stuff in my workout playlist. Even stuff others wouldn't normally think is music to workout to. =)

Ya my workout music can go from fast dance music to slow love songs.

Avicii -"Wake Me Up"
    Avicii- "addicted To You"
    Avenged Sevenfold -"Hail To The King"
    Shinedown- "Sound of Madness"
    Three Days Grace- "Misery Loves My Company"
    Adelitas Way- "Criticize"
    Eminem- "Berzerk"
    Limp Bizkit ft. Lil Wayne- "Ready To Go"
    macklemore- "can't hold us"
    B.O.B- "Magic"

These are in a completely different genre from the others but they're awesome and I wanted to put them on the list.
    The Civil Wars "Same Old Same Old"
    Passenger- "Let Her Go"
    Kacey Musgraves- "Follow Your arrow"
    Cassadee Pope -"Wasting All These Tears"

Ok i'll stop now! :P
  • YesIAm17
    YesIAm17 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    A few of the songs I listen to everyday...
    - Kat DeLuna "Unstoppable" (there is a version with Lil Wayne which I prefer but it's not on MOG)
    - Jamie Foxx, Justin Timberlake, T.I. "Winner"
    - B.o.B. "Magic"
    - LMFAO "Yes"
    - Shakira "Waka Waka"
    - Imagine Dragon "Radioactive"
    - Saliva "Raise Up"
  • MzzFaith
    MzzFaith Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Bridget Kelly White Lies
    Options
    Love your song suggestions. Some I had others I didn't and I added all the ones I didn't have. Cassadee Pope - Wasted All These Tears is one of my favorites right now. Love that song. =)

Ya my workout music can go from fast dance music to slow love songs.

Avicii -"Wake Me Up"
    Avicii- "addicted To You"
    Avenged Sevenfold -"Hail To The King"
    Shinedown- "Sound of Madness"
    Three Days Grace- "Misery Loves My Company"
    Adelitas Way- "Criticize"
    Eminem- "Berzerk"
    Limp Bizkit ft. Lil Wayne- "Ready To Go"
    macklemore- "can't hold us"
    B.O.B- "Magic"

These are in a completely different genre from the others but they're awesome and I wanted to put them on the list.
    The Civil Wars "Same Old Same Old"
    Passenger- "Let Her Go"
    Kacey Musgraves- "Follow Your arrow"
    Cassadee Pope -"Wasting All These Tears"

Ok i'll stop now! :P
    Options
    Love your suggestions. =) I have tons of The Band Perry. You are so right with saying pretty much anything from them. Don't think I have Brad Paisley - Southern Comfort Zone. I will check and if not add it now. Thanks.
    New (albeit not too popular) genre:

"Southern Comfort Zone" by Brad Paisley
    "Would You Go With Me" by Josh Turner (his super deep voice is so Sexy!)
    And pretty much anything by The Band Perry
    Options
    Thank you, Thank you, Thank you everyone for your wonderful song suggestions. Some stuff I had, some I didn't but they were all great suggestions and I am going through them all now and adding what I like that I don't already have. =)
    Options
    So glad to see someone else who likes and listens to Indigo girls. =)
    Hmmm. You seem to want a taste of everything, so here goes for now. None are really new,...some you may know, some, not so much.

The Painted Desert by 10,000 Maniacs - Not a "work out" song, but it's my all time favorite song. Doesn't hurt that I also happen to love the actual Painted Desert in AZ. :)

Some random tunes off the top of my head which groove pretty well,...
    Jane's Addiction - Standing in the Shower...Thinking (or Mountain Song from the same disc)
    Our Lady Peace - Starseed
    Sunny Day Real Estate - 8
    Muse - Starlight
    Muse - Stockholm Syndrome (and/or the entire Absolution disc)
    Sugar Cubes - Motorcrash
    Carney - Testify
    Toadies - Possum Kingdom

Fun Pop/Rock, no thinking needed:
    Fountains of Wayne - Any/all of the first 3 discs

Amazingly Beautiful, but depression alert for those easily affected:
    Fiona Apple - All of her first 3 discs

Folk/Rock/Pop - Wonderful songwriting, perfect harmonies. Brain cells and a soul required.
    Indigo Girls - Nomads, Indians & Saints (entire disc, but start with "Keeper of My Heart")

Have fun. :)
    Options
    Never heard of this group or album or these songs. I will check them out right now. Thanks
    I'm really enjoying Grouplove's new album called "Spreading Rumours". Favorite song off of that is called "Didn't Have to Go". And also off that album I really like "Shark Attack" and "What I Know". You should check it out! :)
    Options
    I have Shakira - Waka Waka and Imagine Dragon - Radioactive and love them both. Will look up the others and if I don't have them add them now. Thanks. =)
    A few of the songs I listen to everyday...
    - Kat DeLuna "Unstoppable" (there is a version with Lil Wayne which I prefer but it's not on MOG)
    - Jamie Foxx, Justin Timberlake, T.I. "Winner"
    - B.o.B. "Magic"
    - LMFAO "Yes"
    - Shakira "Waka Waka"
    - Imagine Dragon "Radioactive"
    - Saliva "Raise Up"