150lbs gone muscle gain

Options
Hello, I recently lost 150lbs(naturally) and now I am on a mission for muscle gains :) It took a long time and some serious learning to get to this point. But I wont talk your ear off, I just want to help out and maybe gain some friends in the process :) give me a yell if ya have any questions

Tof
combined-photo-test-1-smaller1.jpg

Replies

• lighteningjeanne855
    Options
    Congratulations upon celebrating such a great accomplishment!
    How far were you into your Weight Loss Journey when you began to exercise?
  • Wol5894
    Wol5894 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Wow! Well done sir! I wish I could get my son to talk to you but he is still hiding behind his comfort "curtain" of food. Yes, he lifts weights and is very strong but horribly overweight but refuses to come on MFP or try very hard.

I guess I'll just have to wait for him to be in the right mental place to start his journey and just keep encouraging him towards it.
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Awesome transformation!

You look very hangry in the after pictures though...

Well done though!
  • cinicxo
    cinicxo Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    That's great! I unfortunately have a lot to lose. I personally have problems with following through when it comes to weight loss!
  • tracedinair87
    tracedinair87 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I highly recommend leangains, along with a good weightlifting regimen. Check out my pics to see the results I got from 1 month.
  • Dandman1990
    Dandman1990 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Congratulations man that's awesome! Did you have any problems with loose skin or anything at any point?
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Great accomplishment. You should be proud. :)
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic. What a transformation!
  • theopenforum
    theopenforum Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Jeanne855: I began exercising at the very beginning but started with just cardio. Nothing fancy I simply walked for 30mins at a time 5 days a week. 3 Months later I added weights

Wol5894: Sorry to hear that I definitely understand where your son is coming from. I also had that problem and was worried about what others would think. Then eventually I just stopped caring ^_^

89nunu: 0.0 Hungry? I still eat alot its just at certain times and the nutrition is much better. The new pic is only after a year this past april. I look much different now ^_^

cinicxo: I know the feeling I can not count how many times I failed at this, the way i ended up looking up at it, was if i felt that I could not continue a weightloss plan for the rest of my life then there was no point in doing it. That aided me through this.

tracedinair87: You look good bro ^_^, that pic is only after a year, Im a monster now lol

Dandman1990: yes and no, yes that I did have some skin issues and no it was nowhere near the level most have. See thats the thing, its not about weight loss, its about how you loose the weight. If you loose it the wrong way the results can be alot worse than when you started. It is a HUGE deal to use weighttraining in your road to weight loss because it helps your skin adjust to the change. The only issue i Have is a little bit around my stomach. I actually am getting ready to review some products on my youtube channel one being bio oil, the other being tri-lastin sr. yell and Ill email you when i put it up.

bethany0504: thanks and congrats on your weight loss too :) lookin good gurlll :P

brynnsmom: thanks i appreciate it :)
  • rlinaresv
    Options
    Awesome transformation dude
  • kaykay6812
    kaykay6812 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You've done an amazing job!! Congratulation!!
    Did you completely change your eating habits? If so.. what were u basically eating? Thanks in advance!!
  • FrauHaas2013
    FrauHaas2013 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's amazing!!! That's exactly how much I want to lose myself. Not that you would have the answer to this, but I need an alternative to weight training when I get to that point (just doing cardio for now - elliptical) because I have carpal and cubital tunnel syndrome in BOTH arms, which means I can't support too much weight with my elbows and wrists. That's why I stuck to the elliptical. I'm hoping the stride will help work out my core and the arm movement will help counter not using bands or weights in my hands...any suggestions?
  • sydneyplainjane
    sydneyplainjane Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you look fantastic! I do have a question (or two). For someone who is really overweight and has a lot to lose (I need to lose about 100 pounds), do you recommend weights right away, to start building muscle, or just cardio at the beginning? I started walking a few weeks ago and, while I feel I'm toning, I also feel flabbier at the same time, if that makes sense. I'm wondering if I'm losing muscle.
  • theopenforum
    Options
    kaykay6812: woot good question, man you guys are gonna have me typing for days. I have vids up on this cause its easier to say it than type it but ill give it a whirl.

My issue was fast food for the most part in terms of nutrition. I ate usually because it was there and what was most convenient. As such my waistline showed it. To give you an idea. I would go to chick fil a and eat 2 spicy chicken sandwiches 1 regular chicken sandwhich large frights and a large Hi-c/lemonade for the drink (leave it to a former fat guy to remember what he ate lol). In any event, after I plateaued I started to look at what was causing my weight to stop. I eventually cut out one bad indulgence after another and just stepped down to something that was better and healthier. However if i felt i couldnt eat it for the rest of my life then I stopped and stepped up to something a little less healthy but was edible for me. Example: I use to eat reses puff cereal when I got in the 310s i wanted to change it up once i found out it was the worst cereal i could eat. So I went to kashi cereal but I didnt like the texture but this was the best cereal on the market but it didnt work for me. So I settled on wheat kix with no sugar. Not as good as kashi but worlds better than reses puff. Now I dont even eat cereal lol. So back to the chick fil a example my step down from that was ghengis grill^_^. I wanted to loose weight but I was still lazy at the time lol. Now I actually cook my meals cause Im trying to hit my genetic potential so loosing weight and building muscle at the same time is far less forgiveable but when your starting out on weight loss the little changes I mentioned above are gigantic when it comes to loosing weight and toning down at the same time :)

whew: see i knew I should have just done a video >.>

cheers homegurl :P
  • theopenforum
    Options
    FrauHaas2013: whew my fingers are hurting ^_^

alrighty because my entire family struggled with weight loss and when about it in different ways I actually have more experience than i should with carpal tunnel ^_^. What you can do is incorporate more stretching exercising while doing your cardio. This will probably be your best bet. Workouts like lunges and yoga things of that nature would be tremendous for you based on your injuries. Its all about working with whats best for you. DO NOT understimate the power of stretching exercising, they can get you more tired than weights ever will :)

cheers
  • theopenforum
    Options
    sydneyplainja: I actually answered this one a few seconds ago in another post. But yeh if I could do it all over again I would have started with weight training + cardio first instead of just cardio. I didnt start the weights untill 3 months in pick your excuse for that all of them are probably appropriate^^

but yes do both and also since you have a long journey ahead of you you should consider moisterizing you skin now. I mean like right now. I mean like literally stop talking to me and go home and dowse yourself with cocoa butter^_^ Trust me on that one.

Cheers :)
  • kaykay6812
    kaykay6812 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you.. I appreciate your response. Sorry if I had you typing a lot :wink:
    I saw in one of your replies that you have a youtube channel.. is it under this same name because I would luv to subscribe, I could really use some help and advice from someone who has gone through this journey.
  • theopenforum
    Options
    yeh actually it is my fitness pal gave me permission to post some of my videos on a blog after they saw the content but I havent had the chance to setup everything yet, but I promise I will get there lol^^
  • sydneyplainjane
    sydneyplainjane Posts: 140 Member
    Options

...but yes do both and also since you have a long journey ahead of you you should consider moisterizing you skin now. I mean like right now. I mean like literally stop talking to me and go home and dowse yourself with cocoa butter^_^ Trust me on that one.

Cheers :)

LOL!! I'm at the office, so...maybe later! I have started focusing more on moisturizing, primarily with shea butter and MSM soap (which I heard is good for stretch marks), so maybe I'll try some cocoa better, too. Thanks for the suggestions, and keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!