Why not have a big deficit?

Options
2»

Replies

• gigglesinthesun
    gigglesinthesun Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    You require a certain amount of food to get all the nutrients you need. You need a certain level of protein for your work out and a certain amount of carbohydrates for your energy level. You can fast and eat nothing for 3 weeks and you'll lose weight for sure, but it is not healthy and you will gain at least some if not all weight back. Eating a very low calorie diet work a bit like that just more people seem to be doing it over a longer period of time with the argument that 'I've got reserves, so my body will use that' Yes it has reserves, fat reserves, that can be used to keep your body alive, however it's not got 'nutrient reserves' so those the body just will go with out.

My personal opinion would be to start working out not with a focus of losing weight, but rather toning or sculpting your body into the shape you seem to crave. I don't really know anything about this, but there are several people on these boards that seem to know a lot about weights and how they can help you.