Do they go with my clothes?
*if they go on, they do!

Do I like them?
*tough

Can I afford them?
*if they fit, you'll have to!

Do they go on?
*Yes - buy them and be grateful.
*No - move on never mind how much you like them and think they'd suit you.

I've worn various boots that strained over my calves, zipped up with difficulty, pinched or cut into my ankles and calves, or I couldn't even get them past my ankles in the first place.

Rarely, I found a pair that would go on at all, and then I would snap them up delighted to be able to have ANY boots at all!

Here's one such pair - I bought these some years ago, and found them this week in a junk room where they'd been dumped and forgotten. I tried them on.
DSC_1234_zps2c9eea86.gif

I used to be able to wear them over tights or - at a push - leggings (light ones), and they were tight! I struggled to pull them up neatly, so they always collapsed at the ankle. And the tops were almost digging in to my legs.

Here they are today, over JEANS :glasses: and with room to spare!!!!!

A sort of subsidiary non scale victory is that - they're horrible! They don't suit me, I never should have got them in the first place, so they're going out. Because (get this) now I have a choice! I can find boots that fit AND boots that suit me :bigsmile:

(ed) Okay, I've resized that picture and resized it again - it should be 300 pixels across now. Sorry.

(ed+1) Phew, that's better!

Replies

• janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Love this ..can't wait to have "choices" ! Congratulations on your NSV - well earned!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Awesome! I always have trouble finding tall boots that fit
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    YES! I remember the first time I could pull up knee high boots AND zip them comfortably. Congrats!
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    YES! I remember the first time I could pull up knee high boots AND zip them comfortably. Congrats!

Well that's the thing! Knee high boots were out of bounds! Mid calf like these were my only option! I'd never get my legs into knee highs unless they were stretchy - or I did have a pair from Evans (UK plus size store) but they weren't great.

I do now have a knee high pair from Next which zip up perfectly :bigsmile:
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,760 Member
    Where are the boots that fit, we want to see those!

It is so rewarding to try on something like that and know that now there is a big wide world of things that will fit, not a narrow selection designed for the un-fashionista in all of us.

Hooray for NSVs!!
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Cute and stylish boots are my favorite aspect of winter!
  • victoriousO
    victoriousO Posts: 63 Member
    I am so happy for you, it is like another freedom!!! I only had a reddish pair of cowboy boots in my early marriage because it was what you wore if you were a hard working farm wife and mom. I am so hoping that I will also be able to wear my first pair of real boots this coming winter but we will see:)
  • Congrats! That is a great victory.
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    I am so happy for you, it is like another freedom!!! I only had a reddish pair of cowboy boots in my early marriage because it was what you wore if you were a hard working farm wife and mom. I am so hoping that I will also be able to wear my first pair of real boots this coming winter but we will see:)

Just cross out the "we will see" and substitute "Why not! Of course I will!" That's a great goal to have, go for it :flowerforyou:
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Where are the boots that fit, we want to see those!

It is so rewarding to try on something like that and know that now there is a big wide world of things that will fit, not a narrow selection designed for the un-fashionista in all of us.

Hooray for NSVs!!

Certainly is! Boots! Jeans! Dresses! Coats! Choice is not something I've had for ages, so it's incredible now! Being able to buy stuff because I like it and it suits, instead of because it goes on/does up is soooo liberating :bigsmile:

And I keep saying it, but if I can do it, anyone can so go for it folks :flowerforyou:
  • Zaphyre13
    Zaphyre13 Posts: 51 Member
    Way to go! Great feeling to do them up w/o breaking into a sweat lol!
  • minnie503
    minnie503 Posts: 50 Member
    Congrats! that is so awesome :smile:

One of my goals is to, one day, be able to wear knee high boots. I think they are so cute. But I have these huge calves. My friend and I call them cows. But, I am going to keep working at it!

You give me hope!! :smile:
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Congrats! that is so awesome :smile:

One of my goals is to, one day, be able to wear knee high boots. I think they are so cute. But I have these huge calves. My friend and I call them cows. But, I am going to keep working at it!

You give me hope!! :smile:

You'll do it! I was convinced my legs were the size they were and would never change! But they have done! Stick with it :flowerforyou:
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    I was just thinking to myself last night out shopping that this fall I am going to buy some new boots. I have a store credit that I need to use before it expires anyway. I still have what in my family we call "sturdy German legs" so we'll see what my options are but it's going to happen one way or another!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!