What to say?? When they ask......

Options
So today I am at an official 50lbs lost almost halfway to my goal weight. Up until now I have not shared with hardly anyone what my goal weight is. I would just say I want to be at a healthy BMI mostly because I did not want to hear the comments "that is to skinny for you" comments. Yesterday when I shared my # with a friend (after she pressed) I got just exactly that :( Don't get me wrong I am not ALL bent about this, but I realize as I continue to lose weight I am going to hear more and more of this.............Thanks MFP friends you are GREAT!

Replies

• bluebirds5
    bluebirds5 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Note:

My ticker says 41lbs

but from my highest weight in Jan 2013 I have lost 50.6lbs.

I guess you could say I had a false start in

fall 2012 and ended up gaining more weight until I got serious in Jan. 2013
  • Gardengail
    Gardengail Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    My MIL used to have a great response when people would randomly ask her age or any other questions she chose not to answer: If you'll forgive me for not answering, I'll forgive you for asking. Said with a genuinely amused smile, she gently let them know it was none of their business.

Gardengail
  • bluebirds5
    Options
    Love this :))))
  • bluebirds5
    Options
    My MIL used to have a great response when people would randomly ask her age or any other questions she chose not to answer: If you'll forgive me for not answering, I'll forgive you for asking. Said with a genuinely amused smile, she gently let them know it was none of their business.

Gardengail
  • bnw1205
    bnw1205 Posts: 32 Member
    Options

Gardengail
    What a great response for overly curious people!