MFP Fitspiration!

Options

Replies

• Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Firspo_zpsde3a1e69.png
    I finally found a picture of myself at 300lbs! So here you go! My first contribution.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Firspo_zpsde3a1e69.png
    I finally found a picture of myself at 300lbs! So here you go! My first contribution.

HOLY CRAP!!! YOU ARE SO FREAKING AWESOME!!!
    :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options

HOLY CRAP!!! YOU ARE SO FREAKING AWESOME!!!
    :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:
    Thanks! And thanks for making this thread. Best one on MFP!
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    In!
  • aKate_
    aKate_ Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    A group of physically impaired guys came into my gym this morning and began rocking it harder than most of the able bodied guys. I wish I could have taken a photo of this guy with a badly atrophied arm spotting for his buddy (who appeared to have CF). It would be captioned what he was shouting in encouragement - "AIN'T NO REASON YOU CAN'T MAN!" [safety note in case anyone is worried: regardless of physical disadvantages, these chaps obviously knew what they were doing]

Next time I feel like it's all just too much, this guy will be in my head shouting "AIN'T NO REASON YOU CAN'T MAN!"

That's awesome! :heart:
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    In for awesomeness!
  • laurenkeh
    laurenkeh Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Bumping for more inspiration!
  • Allibaba
    Allibaba Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I have been loving these posts this morning so here is one from me. I am not at goal yet, but this summer I kicked myself in the butt again and started hiking and backpacking with my bf. We wanted to do this hike called Black Tusk but it was rated difficult so I thought there was no way I could do it but we decided to try and if we needed to turn back we would. We almost turned back right before the end but I had to finish.

3e2f71a7-7c44-4bff-ad21-65d139879113_zps819cc7a0.jpg

For perspective, here is where we started from which was already a 6 hour hike to the first camp.

f927cd58-832f-4bd1-81e9-65c27b22cd88_zps6571a6f5.jpg
  • seren1ty74
    seren1ty74 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    @allibaba LOVE
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    1383579606238_zps422f181f.jpg

Pure awesomeness! Great reminder! :happy:
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Webster defines inspiration as follows:

in·spi·ra·tion noun \ˌin(t)-spə-ˈrā-shən, -(ˌ)spi-\
    : something that makes someone want to do something or that gives someone an idea about what to do or create : a force or influence that inspires someone

: a person, place, experience, etc., that makes someone want to do or create something

: a good idea

The thing about these posters is that they aren't something you can only make when you are at goal... because, you are never done... goals shift as you get closer, they mature, they refine.You may reach goal weight, but not goal size, or goal size but not goal endurance... the day you stop growing might as well be the day you get put under ground.

My hope is to see people make these at all stages in their progress... ALL Stages... because you ALL inspire me.
    - when you step out of your comfort zone and try something new... you inspire me
    - when you set a goal that you never thought attainable... you inspire me
    - when you have been on the couch your whole life and you finally get out and walk, even for ten minutes... you inspire me
    - when you decide that you want to be a positive role model for your kids... you inspire me

I could go on for pages.

So please, don't think you have to wait until you get "there" before you can post in here... you CAN and DO inspire NOW. You just need to recognize it!

:heart:
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options

: something that makes someone want to do something or that gives someone an idea about what to do or create : a force or influence that inspires someone

: a person, place, experience, etc., that makes someone want to do or create something

The thing about these posters is that they aren't something you can only make when you are at goal... because, you are never done... goals shift as you get closer, they mature, they refine.You may reach goal weight, but not goal size, or goal size but not goal endurance... the day you stop growing might as well be the day you get put under ground.

My hope is to see people make these at all stages in their progress... ALL Stages... because you ALL inspire me.
    - when you step out of your comfort zone and try something new... you inspire me
    - when you have been on the couch your whole life and you finally get out and walk, even for ten minutes... you inspire me
    - when you decide that you want to be a positive role model for your kids... you inspire me

I could go on for pages.

So please, don't think you have to wait until you get "there" before you can post in here... you CAN and DO inspire NOW. You just need to recognize it!

:heart: :heart: :heart:
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Definitely still working, but here's one of mine.

Trailinspiration_zps57c214e0.jpg
  • LAnne16
    LAnne16 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    So in again... Once i get my diet sorted out... I am going to be one of these!
  • CheeksBryant
    CheeksBryant Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    A group of physically impaired guys came into my gym this morning and began rocking it harder than most of the able bodied guys. I wish I could have taken a photo of this guy with a badly atrophied arm spotting for his buddy (who appeared to have CF). It would be captioned what he was shouting in encouragement - "AIN'T NO REASON YOU CAN'T MAN!" [safety note in case anyone is worried: regardless of physical disadvantages, these chaps obviously knew what they were doing]

Next time I feel like it's all just too much, this guy will be in my head shouting "AIN'T NO REASON YOU CAN'T MAN!"

^awesome
  • MissFuchsia
    MissFuchsia Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Bumping for Fitspirartion :)
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I love these threads.
  • Cella30
    Cella30 Posts: 539 Member
    Options

I could go on for pages.

I want this on a poster!! So perfectly said...thank you for this thread and your encouragement! :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    pizzafits_zps69c1ac1f.jpg

"Citizen I beseech you...never trust a fellow Roman who won't eat pizza or who replaces the crust with cauliflower." - Julius Caesar (100-44 B.C.)