MFP Fitspiration!

Options

Replies

• MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I :heart: Chunkybun (although I want to dub you something else. Sexybun???) Tonight I walk zeee dawg!:drinker:

You are sweet! I need to keep the "chunkybun" (short for chunkybunny) to remind me why I'm here.

I had a friend FatGuy350... I kept after him to change his name because he was working so hard on becoming something better. And I hated calling him by his screen name.

He has now lost a bunch of weight... and changed his name.

I encourage you to motivate yourself by anticipating where you are going.. and not by beating yourself up for where you have been.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I :heart: Chunkybun (although I want to dub you something else. Sexybun???) Tonight I walk zeee dawg!:drinker:

You are sweet! I need to keep the "chunkybun" (short for chunkybunny) to remind me why I'm here.

I had a friend FatGuy350... I kept after him to change his name because he was working so hard on becoming something better. And I hated calling him by his screen name.

He has now lost a bunch of weight... and changed his name.

I encourage you to motivate yourself by anticipating where you are going.. and not by beating yourself up for where you have been.

Hugs!! :love: :love: exactly how I feel. Had a friend named fatazzery or something of this sort when I started. It made me all the sads:cry: because she had these gorgeous eyes. She changed her name to reflect her beautiful eyes. :love:

That was a loooooooong time ago

By the way, are we there yet????:grumble: :laugh:
  • chunkybun
    chunkybun Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    We're never there. We're always here.

Haha.... it's not really a bad thing. My husband came up with the name as a 'cute' way to motivate me. The first time, it was "say what???" but over time, I kind of grew to love it.

We'll be on a hike or something, and he'll be way ahead of me calling, "come on Chunkybunny let's go!"

Before anyone jumps on this and starts berating my husband, this is the way we interact, and it works for us. I call him "Stinkbutt", for the record.
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    After being overweight for many many years, I still am very judgmental of myself when I look in the mirror. The mirror may lie but a picture never does. :bigsmile:

This is a comparison of today from one year ago.

a674cd117122fd2ef98ef695700a0b47.jpg
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    After being overweight for many many years, I still am very judgmental of myself when I look in the mirror. The mirror may lie but a picture never does. :bigsmile:

Oh wow! This is awesome!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    We're never there. We're always here.

Haha.... it's not really a bad thing. My husband came up with the name as a 'cute' way to motivate me. The first time, it was "say what???" but over time, I kind of grew to love it.

We'll be on a hike or something, and he'll be way ahead of me calling, "come on Chunkybunny let's go!"

Before anyone jumps on this and starts berating my husband, this is the way we interact, and it works for us. I call him "Stinkbutt", for the record.

:laugh: wrong thread, we would laugh with you here not go all crazypants! LOL.... I am sure Stinkbutt has a few other names for you that cant be used as your screen name :wink:

So glad you are interacting on this page. I find the inspiration to do so many things throughout the day thinking of these Fitspos!!

:flowerforyou: Have a great day Bunny!!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    This is one of my WHYs...

2c4d0eb1-edea-405a-96e4-351966e28737_zps0552fb4c.jpg

I want that to be a good thing. :)

I like this! I always want to be an inspiration to my kids. :love:
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

Thank you for the reminder!
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    How do you make these? I think I have one.
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Seth and I, 3 1/2 yrs ago...me, super morbidly obese; him, living with failure to thrive and cerebral palsy. The before pic was the day he had surgery to place his feeding tube.

Today we are both much closer to healthy weights and this little man is my inspiration as we live out our reclaimed lives.

image.jpg
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    How do you make these? I think I have one.

I do most of mine on my phone... I use photo grid to make collages or position a single pic on the right background. It had a text feature that works nicely, but for that, I like using another free app called Phonto.

I then upload them to photobucket and resize to 450 wide by whatever tall.

If you need help, feel free to PM me. :)

Look forward to seeing yours!
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    Seth and I, 3 1/2 yrs ago...me, super morbidly obese; him, living with failure to thrive and cerebral palsy. The before pic was the day he had surgery to place his feeding tube.

Today we are both much closer to healthy weights and this little man is my inspiration as we live out our reclaimed lives.

image.jpg

HOW AWESOME!!!

Thank you so much for sharing!
  • likitisplit
    Options

image.jpg

HOW AWESOME!!!

Thank you so much for sharing!

Tears. I was a nervous wreck before my 2-year-olds ear tubes. I can't imagine what you were going through before the surgery. You both look amazing. What a miracle you've accomplished, mama!
  • Cali_Mell
    Options
    I am a newly-started journey in progress, but I love this thread and wanted to share. My Fitspiration needs a bit of explaining.

I started getting extremely overweight 2 years ago. I blamed it on working at home and sitting on my bum all day. At the same time, I was getting sicker, and sicker. So I ate unhealthy everything when the doctor said there was nothing wrong but my obesity, sank into a slow depression, got bigger and sicker. I couldn't go anywhere or do anything, and I felt like the world's worst mother of teenagers.

Flash forward to Sept. 2013 and I finally hit my rock bottom. I was wearing a size 2XL in maternity tops to hide my pregnant looking stomach and pants so tight, even if they were a size 24, that I was leaving permanent marks in my skin. I cried, I ranted, and I demanded a new doctor. Had a diagnosis within 2 days- a bad case of gallstones.

Had my surgery in November 2013 and ended up being that 1/100 person that gets a bile leak. I was seriously starting to regret my decision to have surgery.

But, I had an awesome surgeon who told me that the stomach would go down, and if I started eating healthy and exercising, I could lose the weight now.

Flash forward to Feb. 2013. I am now in a size L top and a size 12/14 (I'm like that darn in-between size) pants. I barely recognize my stomach now and I have cheekbones again. I still have a long way to go, but if I can do this, anyone can. I can walk, I can bend, and I can even almost do kickboxing.

movingalong.jpg
  • ImNotThatBob
    ImNotThatBob Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I am a newly-started journey in progress, but I love this thread and wanted to share. My Fitspiration needs a bit of explaining.

I started getting extremely overweight 2 years ago. I blamed it on working at home and sitting on my bum all day. At the same time, I was getting sicker, and sicker. So I ate unhealthy everything when the doctor said there was nothing wrong but my obesity, sank into a slow depression, got bigger and sicker. I couldn't go anywhere or do anything, and I felt like the world's worst mother of teenagers.

Flash forward to Sept. 2013 and I finally hit my rock bottom. I was wearing a size 2XL in maternity tops to hide my pregnant looking stomach and pants so tight, even if they were a size 24, that I was leaving permanent marks in my skin. I cried, I ranted, and I demanded a new doctor. Had a diagnosis within 2 days- a bad case of gallstones.

Had my surgery in November 2013 and ended up being that 1/100 person that gets a bile leak. I was seriously starting to regret my decision to have surgery.

But, I had an awesome surgeon who told me that the stomach would go down, and if I started eating healthy and exercising, I could lose the weight now.

Flash forward to Feb. 2013. I am now in a size L top and a size 12/14 (I'm like that darn in-between size) pants. I barely recognize my stomach now and I have cheekbones again. I still have a long way to go, but if I can do this, anyone can. I can walk, I can bend, and I can even almost do kickboxing.

movingalong.jpg

Yes You Can! Amazing Story! Thank you for sharing!
  • AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    20f8k1.jpg
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    20f8k1.jpg

WOW! You are AMAZING!
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    64sidefitspiration_zps5ac4e3d6.jpg
  • JolienvanH
    JolienvanH Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    th_ScreenShot2014-02-26at15315PM_zps63fa90bd.png

There's no reason why they can and you can't. Just keep pushing.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    th_ScreenShot2014-02-26at15315PM_zps63fa90bd.png

There's no reason why they can and you can't. Just keep pushing.

I love this.