Anyone else can't stay on track for more then a week?

Options
Temptations and no self-control..

Replies

• xrmsmithx
    xrmsmithx Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm beginning a fitness challenge on Facebook that'll last 21 days! If you want to join just message me your email address and I'll give you an invite.
  • Bernadette60614
    Bernadette60614 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    As boring as it is: Planning, planning, planning.

When most of my food was high calorie/high fat/high sugar...I could eat without thinking.

Eating a healthier diet and making better choices means that I need to grocery shop with a list, keep a pantry/frig stocked with healthy options, have a structure to my daily eating (I eat every 4 hours).

For the first month, it was a total pain. But, now, it is a routine:

I did the grocery list Tuesday, did the shopping Wed night (fewer people in stores at midweek), put "my" foods on the easiest to reach shelves in the frig/cabinets. Made sure that the pots/pans/blender I use are in one cabinet. I'm good to go for the rest of the week.

You can do this..I'm certainly no rocket scientist and I can!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    You're not doing it right...you're probably trying to be far too restrictive in all aspects...it'll never work that way. You'll figure it out eventually.
  • SummerSmiles07
    SummerSmiles07 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem :( I am finding it harder to stick to my calories goals as days go by...
  • JADEPH0EN1X
    JADEPH0EN1X Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Being honest with yourself , weigh your food & track everything !! I'm usually a one week wonder myself but have nearly stuck with mfp for a month now & still enthusiastic !!
  • Frittycat
    Frittycat Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I know, it is hard. I am a small person and I can easily eat 1,000 calories or more at a restaurant. I am fine when I am home and away from temptation, as I don't buy tempting foods.
  • ggregory11
    ggregory11 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Don't have tempting food in your house! I have absolutely no self control. I will quickly shove that cupcake in my mouth before I can tell myself no. Just get rid of it!!! Have ONE "treat". I like light butter popcorn because I feel like I'm snacking but its surprisingly low in calories. Just read the nutritional content before you buy something.

I like to cook so its not a problem for me to invent some healthy, filling, and TASTEY meals. If you want some suggestions just message me. I have a ton on myfitnesspal already.

Once you start shedding the pounds and seeing a difference it will give you the boost and motivation you need to keep going! Because you will see that it is working.

And give yourself one cheat meal a week. For that meal you don't record anything and you can eat that giant plate of pasta with heavy cream sauce and not care. It will help keep you sane if you are having trouble making it through the week without cheating.
  • Alwayssohungry
    Alwayssohungry Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    No - no problem at all - I have will power and self control. Perhaps you don't have a good enough reason yet ?
  • Nennajayx3
    Nennajayx3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    if you want it bad enough, you'll make it happen. Lay out your weekly calorie intake goals, exercise regimen, etc on paper and stick to it. Don't be lax, record anything and everything that you eat... Always be accountable. One thing that helps me stay on track is reading others' success stories and before & after pictures.. Keeps me motivated. My number one motivator though is the gym, if I were to go off track then everything I've done was for nothing so it's not worth it. Get your mindset right, will power, and goals in order. When you're truly ready it will happen. My fiancé asked me to bake him brownies last night and I did not want to bc chocolate is my weakness but I did it anyway and did not touch them once they were finished. ????☺️
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    You might be on the wrong track... just because the nutrition plan you have chosen works for others, doesn't mean it will work for you. Maybe you need a more restricitve food and exercise plan, maybe you need more choices... keep seeking!

I have been on track since 12/24/11... I just was ready for a lifestyle change. The only thing I have in common with most MFP peeps is I log.
  • jaimrlx
    jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Yes, but I have self control and listen to the IIFYM crowd - but I am so stressed and busy that weight loss often gets put on hold. This is a rough journey when you run a traveling business, work a regular 70 hours per week and are a full time student.

You'll get there, it just takes time.
  • jackiekissell
    jackiekissell Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I too am having trouble sticking with my calorie limit. I am close but not on the nose. I remind myself why I want to lose my weight. My reason is to get healthy, to get off of the medicine my doctor keeps giving. It is time for me to take control of me.
  • slonas
    Options
    Breakfast is my biggest meal of the day!! Usually 200-400 calories. High protein and healthy fiber. I find if I do this I am less likely to be starving later. Also never let yourself be hungry. Small snacks and planning will help tons. And you have to exercise 2-3 days a week, bottom line just do it. Even if only for 30 minutes. I joined an aerobics class at my local community center and it has helped me a lot. When you work out you feel healthy and will make better choices. I do not believe you can cut things out and succeed. EVERYTHING in moderation!! Our bodies need healthy starches, meats and yes even sugar. Also don't beat yourself up if you get off track. Log it, every time, and then MOVE ON. If you get caught up in the negative you won't focus on or try to achieve the positive (a lesson I learned the hard way). I have good days and bad days also, know that you're human forgive yourself, and move on. Chin Up! You can do it!
  • mkmerrill
    mkmerrill Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Yes.....I am good for a week then off for a few days...then on....GRRRRR
  • MissFlab2Fab2014
    Options
    Yes!! Me !! I have gone 3 wks tops clean eating and exercise.... and then that all stopped, ever since I cannot go more then 5 days...
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    It's a habit you need to develop. Or several habits. Eat log, eat log, eat log. Measure things you're not sure of.

Temptation is fine - give in in SMALL PORTIONS. I have met my calorie goals for way over a year, but I'll be darned if I'm going to give up cake and french fries for the rest of my life. I just don't have them very often and I don't eat them in big portions.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Self-control is like a muscle; the more you use it, the stronger it gets. Start with small things, work your way up.