Help! Not losing!

Options
Hi guys,

I'm still relatively new at all this but I'm having a bit of trouble. I'm not losing on the scales. But I'm definitely losing on body size because I can now actually pull down this one pair of trousers without opening them. If you don't mind, please take a look at my diary. If somebody could enlighten me, I would be thrilled.

Thank you so much :)

(PS, don't be afraid to be harsh about my 'treats' I'm working on myself with those)

Replies

• Fkika3131
    Fkika3131 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am the same way as you. I am not losing any weight and yesterday I was able to fit into my nice pants again :).

But, some of my friends told me that I am gaining muscle :) And I am eating healthy alot of the time.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I don't know your stats, but it looks from your ticker like you don't have all that much to lose. When you are close to goal weight, losses will come more slowly. I recommend setting your loss goal on MFP to .5 pounds a week. Taking measurements is a better way to track progress than looking at the scale, anyway.

ETA: Also, increase your protein goal so you retain muscle while losing weight.
  • elliej
    elliej Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    If it's only been a week or so, you may need to wait a little longer to see results!

Carry on, and in a month nothing has changed then perhaps look at making changes. In general, try to reduce processed food and eat lots of fruit and veggies. I subscribe to the IIFYM (if it fits your macros) school of thought- carry on with those treats as long as you're aware of what you're eating the rest of the time and not going crazy on your cals or fat
  • Nicoleace22
    Nicoleace22 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Go to the newbie threads, although I realize you aren't one. They had a very interesting post about metabolism changes. Click 185 lb women not losing.