Veggies

Options
Anyone have any good vegetable snacks they would like to share? I am looking to get more veggies in my diet :)

Replies

• albertine58
    albertine58 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    -Baked green bean "fries"
    -Cauliflower "popcorn"
    -Caramelized sweet potatoes (with sweet onion)

Both of these are made the same way- prep/chop the veggies, massage or spray olive oil on them (doesn't need a lot, but depends how much you're making. I use 2 tsp for a full head of cauliflower, but 1 tbsp tastes better). Then roast in the oven at 400-425. Green beans don't take long (10-20 min), cauliflower takes 20-30 min - wait for it to look a little charred and crispy on the edges. Sweet potatoes take longer, depends how big you cut them. I literally sit in front of the TV and eat veggies like junk food when they're made this way- and so will my boyfriend if I'm nice enough to share! With sweet potatoes you need to check your portions, but an entire head of cauliflower with 2 tsp oil is less than 200 calories and so filling.

Also try this method with brussels sprouts, zucchini...literally anything. It's how I cook all my veggies. Tastes amazing, sweet and addicting.

I also will eat just a raw chopped tomato or two in a bowl with salt, pepper, and red wine vinegar. If it's a good tomato, this is totally delicious and a good way to fill yourself up on very very few calories!