New to MFP - am I doing it right?

Options
Hi everyone. I joined MFP just over a week ago although I did do WW for a week prior. I am 5ft 3in and weigh 154lbs (70kgs metric in NZ weight). My calorie goal has been set at 1200 calories and for the past week or more I have been pretty much at that level and yet only lost .200grams which is negligible. I have been doing 3/4 days of brisk walking plus I play golf. I know its early days but having been on Weight Watchers and Jenny Craig in the past I have lost at least 1 lb a week in the first couple of weeks plus I would have weighed less to start with. Just wanted to know am I doing it all right or am I missing something? I didn't want to go another week with very little weight lost if there's something I need to change.

Replies

• lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    If you're tracking your calories and your exercise, then you're likely doing it correctly. I suggest you look at your portion sizes to ensure that you're identifying portions correctly. Also, please make sure you're drinking your water. Good luck with your weight loss journey.