Press pause or keep it going? Taking Breaks...

When I need a break during a workout video....should I pause the video and press play when I'm ready to go again or leave it running and work on making it the whole way through the video over time? Thanks!

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,317 Member
    :laugh: Doesn't matter.

I usually let them run/done faster.
  • hailie08
    hailie08 Posts: 87 Member
    I usually let them run/done faster.
    [/quote]

That's my idea, but I want to full workout so I'll get the max out of it. I'm so torn! lol
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    It depends on the video. Sometimes I pause it, sometimes I don't. As long as I get a good workout, it doesn't really matter. I just know that when my CV improves over time, I won't even need to take as many breaks.
  • Leave it running. Then work up to where you can do the whole workout without a break. Once you can do that, do the video for a week and move onto a new video.

You'll feel more inspired and accomplished that way.
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Leave it running. Then work up to where you can do the whole workout without a break. Once you can do that, do the video for a week and move onto a new video.

You'll feel more inspired and accomplished that way.

I was going to say something similar. Not only that, but the first time you do a video and need a break, you can leave it running so you know what to expect. Then you can work your way towards getting through the next routine until you make it all the way through. Sometimes it's easier when you know what's coming.
  • ostrichagain
    ostrichagain Posts: 271 Member
    There is nothing at all wrong with taking a break. Best way to avoid injury is to find your limits and respect them.