diet check

Options
so i-ve been trying to be on a roughly 1200 calorie a day diet. if i go over i try to use my twist stepper. i dont live in the states and here they dont always monitor the calorie amounts so i google things and roughly find the calorie amount, so that-s why some days i have just calories and no names. is there something im doing wrong? i really want to be at LEAST 135-140 by christmas (seeing a lot of people i havent seen in 3 years, dont want to be a chubster). Im 5 ft 6 roughly

Replies

• eblakes93
    eblakes93 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I took a quick glance at your diary and you seemed to be adding things based on weights and cup measurements. Are you actually measuring and weighing your food? If you are good - keep doing that and you should be just fine. If you are not actually weighing and measuring, then you may be overestimating how much you are eating.

Also, you may want to consider increasing your calorie intake - 1200 might be too low for your goals/timeline/height. Have you estimated your TDEE?
  • nicolo333
    Options
    i measure everything but i do not have a scale. a lot of the things i buy are already prepackaged to save this and if i dont buy it prepackage i guesstimate. which is not always good but i guess its okay cuz my calories are so low that if i eat a little more it-s not going to kill me.

i tried doing my TDEE and i ended up gaining 4 pounds. so i got nervous and dropped down to this.
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    i measure everything but i do not have a scale. a lot of the things i buy are already prepackaged to save this and if i dont buy it prepackage i guesstimate. which is not always good but i guess its okay cuz my calories are so low that if i eat a little more it-s not going to kill me.

i tried doing my TDEE and i ended up gaining 4 pounds. so i got nervous and dropped down to this.

I reckon you've got no worries losing what looks like 10lb by xmas. And I reckon you'll manage it at 1200 cals a day just fine.

But try eventually to get a scale, because eating prepackaged foods means not eating much bulk for calories usually, and can leave you feeling robbed and dissatisfied. If that makes sense.

the less processed I eat, the easier it is to stay in my calorie range. :)
  • dittmarml
    dittmarml Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I plugged in your stats (fitnessfrog.com) and your BMR is 1450...at 1200 you will be too low...if you want to lose 5-10 pounds by Christmas, you're talking about 1/2 pound to 1 pound/wk...the latter of which is aggressive...

Your TDEE is ~1783 if I use a really conservative activity level - it's probably higher - why don't you try shooting for calories around 1500-1550? My guess is you'll actually lose faster...you'll certainly feel better - and you should take off 5 pounds...

Good luck.