Getting Started and Staying Motivated

Options
cwilke25
cwilke25 Posts: 5 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
Hi,
My name is Carlie and I am a 19 year old college student. I am about 5' 5.5" and around 160 lbs. My goal is to lose between 15-20 lbs. I am just starting here, but I am no stranger to exercise. I was a three sport athlete in high school so exercising, whether cardio or weightlifting, is not the problem for me. My problem is self control and eating right. In high school I was working out on average at least 3 hours a day, in college I am lucky if I can workout for an hour a day, but I am still in the habit of constantly eating like I was in high school (and eating junk). I would love anyone who is willing to become my friend and support me on my journey, as well as any tips for eating healthy (quick and easy recipes) and ways to build self-control. Thanks!!

Replies

• ced1389
    ced1389 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Welcome, can't wait to help you along your journey :)
  • teamstanish
    teamstanish Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Welcome, the first step is committing to change and you're doing that now! Good luck. You'll find lots of support and advice on MFP.
  • CoachRicardo
    Options
    Glad you are hear and working on taking control!
  • deereb123
    deereb123 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Welcome. You have made the first step on an amazing journey. I have found having an accountability partner makes the journey managable.
This discussion has been closed.