How many calories should I be eating a day?

Options
Hey everyone. I work at a vet office as a groomer, kennel attendant, and vet assistant. I work full time and every day that I work I spend about 3 hours walking dogs (I walk them from their kennel run to outside, down a small path on a hill, across the length of the parking lot and back). I also do a lot of pulling/heavy lifting with restraining big dogs. I also spend a good bit of the day doing heavy scrubbing/cleaning, and get on my hands and knees a good bit, and I'm usually constantly on my feet.

How active would my job be considered? And how many calories should I be eating to lose weight?

I got this job in hope that it would help me get healthier and slimmer. I am currently 325 lbs and am eating around 1800-1900 calories a day (just total calories consumed, I set my lifestyle as sedentary and I have not been adding any exercise). I don't usually exercise on days off since I'm so worn out. I've lost about 15 lbs in the last month since I've started this job.

Thanks for reading/answering.

Also posted on another board, hoping I'll get more answers here.

Replies

• gigglesinthesun
    gigglesinthesun Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Sedentary usually implies that you spend a considerable amount of the day sitting down.