GPS Watch?

My old digital watch died, and I'm thinking of getting a fancier one. I don't know what's out there, what's good, and what's bad. But it must have the following:
-Clock. Including day of week and date. This is the most important function.
-Track distance traveled for running and biking.
-have a timer. Sometimes I have to time things independent of my workouts.
-small design. I have tiny wrists, so I can't have a giant display or thick strap.

Extra things I would like but don't mind not having:
-heart rate sensor
-tracks calories burned
-tracks pace (both current and/or average)
-water resistant
-back light or something similar to see in low/no lighting.

I've already looked at the Nike+ sports watch. that was too big for my wrist. But something around that price (~$160) is my limit.

Replies

• Hi sukkai, I would probably recommend either the Garmin Forerunner 10 or the TomTom Runner. Both should be small enough (relatively, GPS watches tend to be big) to fit a thinner wrist.

The Forerunner 10 is a great watch, fits your other requirements (except the HR monitor), and only costs $130. Although one downside is the battery isn't great -- it lasts about 5 hours per charge.

The TomTom Runner fits your requirements and works with a HR monitor. And it has a longer battery than the Forerunner 10 -- 10 hours per charge. But it's more expensive: $170 watch-only. $220 with the HR monitor.

If you want to see what other features are available on GPS watches these days, you can check out this buyers guide I put together here: http://athletesgps.com/2013-gps-watch-buyers-guide/

Good luck!