Tabata workout v excerise DVD-Insanity/30 day shred

Options
Hi guys,
I'm at the point where I know I need to start toning and training my body to shape it up.
With the weather turning I'm going to have to begin working out indoors. Having a small area to do this in I'd like positive and objective thoughts on:
Tabita training or DVD - Insanity work out v's 30 day shred v's 10mim work out.
Insanity is crazy and I feel I should probably do something else to work up to it? I have just come back to excerise in April after 2 yrs out and 2.5 stone going on!
I run 3x a week and play netball. I love drills too. The thing is I have to take it easy on my knees and hip - but I still push myself as much as I can.

Would love to hear from anyone who has done ESP if you've done Insanity, crated a tabata work out for yourself or have got round excerisingbin a small space.

Thanks
G

Replies

• mikenelson20
    mikenelson20 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Insanity kicks *kitten*. Two days left and never felt better or more motivated. You can handle it. Just start of slow, learn the form and the movements. Maybe do a workout, day off, workout, etc for a week or two. Then throw yourself to the wolves. I have also had great success with P90X and would recommend that any day as well.
  • getgemma
    getgemma Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Mike
    Brilliant, this is what I want to hear!
    My lounge is super small because of sofa's and units and I don't want to have to move them each time! Can I get away with floor space as long as me and as wide with my arms out stretched?
  • alanmonks
    alanmonks Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Mike is right. It does kick *kitten*. Im only 8 workouts in but i love it. Although i am battered at the end i cant wait for the next workout.

I spent month building up to doing it but its all about form and how hard you can push yourself. Il be doing P90X next.

Go for it and good luck.
  • mikenelson20
    mikenelson20 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You are going to need a little more room that, not much though. There are some jumps and plank work that you need a little more room for (especially the Sport Interval Training). I know when the kids are downstairs watching I am also conscious of them which distracts me from the workout. I don't think you want to be worrying about hitting the couch, when you should be concentrating on the workout. Also, you don't need hurt yourself in the process.