Need some friendly support..

lepekam
lepekam Posts: 3
edited September 21 in Motivation and Support
So I'm new to this whole diet thing. I've been heavy my whole life, but after finding a gorgeous dress in my favorite color that would look amazing for a formal event I have coming up this winter (that is, if it would zip..) I decided to take the plunge.
Now most of my friends don't really do the diet thing, they're tiny girls or tall bean-pole like guys (and my family has never needed to diet) so I'm kind of in this alone.
I haven't been losing much, I was super excited to find I'd lost 10 pounds then I weighed myself two weeks later and I'm up by five again. (without changing my calorie intake at all..) So after weighing myself I got upset and probably ate about 15 of my freshly baked "low calorie cookies." Today I decided I could use some support. I'm now eating 300-400 calories less per day and had a wonderful time kayaking for four hours. According to everyone's advice I'm not doing anything wrong (small rather healthy meals throughout the day, lots of fresh vegetables with fruits as well). So I could just use some friends in this, someone who understands..
Add me as a friend if you'd like to help support me!
Thanks!
Rebecca (age 21 college student in Biology)

Replies

• themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,033 Member
    Welcome,
    and you are on the right track. This site will be a great help. There is alot of info, motivation ,encouragement and great people.
  • moniraq
    moniraq Posts: 63 Member
    Hey Rebecca,

It's never easy trying to tackle things like this alone. Keep looking ahead and I'm sure you'll get into that dress...probably sooner than later!

Monica

P.S. When you bake the low-cal cookies, I suggest you eat the one or two you're craving and get the others out of sight as soon as possible. When my partner bakes (and unfortunately, it's quite a bit because it's what she does to relieve stress), as soon as we've both tasted what we wanted to taste, I bag or package the remainder up and take it to work the next morning where I know my co-workers will eat everything in less than 15 minutes!
  • welcome! this place is great for just what you're looking for! i hope this all works out for you! good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • SouthernBell86
    SouthernBell86 Posts: 275 Member
    Hey!
    It's great that you are reaching out. It is really hard to do this alone. I am really excited about getting the support and cheering on of the community here :)

I'm only 24 and I can relate to the frustration of being overweight and being a student. I just graduated in may, and my weight in college always yo-yo'd until I decided I had to focus on being happy with myself and just not gaining weight for a while. Now that I have graduated I have started a diet and am excited about this whole new chapter of my life!

I recommend you use the url below to read this article on boosting your will power. You may be doing everything right, right now, but the thing with a diet is that you will be disappointed in your progress sometimes, and the key is not to give up. The ideas in this article really helped me understand how to approach eating with a healthier attitude for myself.

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/12/06/how-to-boost-your-willpower/

Good luck, and be proud of yourself for being willing to change yourself for the better :)

Christy
This discussion has been closed.