Jax Bch, FL New Girl

Options
I had a back injury over 7 years ago and quit exercising and ignored the pain until it got to the point that the pain was radiating to the bottoms of my feet, I cried with every step I took and wanted to die. That was a year after the injury. The injury was me being too independent to ask for help to move furniture up flights of stairs. Single mom stubborness is what I called it then, but now I call it supidity. I went through a year of Vax-D treatments and finally was released, but I put on so much weight in the two years I was down and depressed. I continued putting on the weight and hiding out at my house or with my family who was all over weight so I wouldn't feel alone. Well, December 2006 I took my life and my body back. I started eating better and Jazzercising again and was met with chronic pain. They tell me that now I have degenerative disk disease as a result from the buldged disks I had in my back. I went to rehab three days a week for eight months and continued Jazzercise. I'm done with rehab now and I've lost about 20 pounds, but I need more. Every time I go to a Jazzercise class and sometimes I do two a day, I eat twice as much when I get home. In my mind I'm thinking.....well I had to have burned X amount of calories so I can eat this Snickers bar and break even. Well, I'm hoping this website will be the answer to my delima by holding myself accountable. Sorry, my intro was so long, but I feel like it was necessary to explain how I got here with the rest of you. Hopefully, we can all be great support for each other. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

"You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face… do the thing you think you cannot do." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

Replies

• anneliseoding
    Options
    I had a back injury over 7 years ago and quit exercising and ignored the pain until it got to the point that the pain was radiating to the bottoms of my feet, I cried with every step I took and wanted to die. That was a year after the injury. The injury was me being too independent to ask for help to move furniture up flights of stairs. Single mom stubborness is what I called it then, but now I call it supidity. I went through a year of Vax-D treatments and finally was released, but I put on so much weight in the two years I was down and depressed. I continued putting on the weight and hiding out at my house or with my family who was all over weight so I wouldn't feel alone. Well, December 2006 I took my life and my body back. I started eating better and Jazzercising again and was met with chronic pain. They tell me that now I have degenerative disk disease as a result from the buldged disks I had in my back. I went to rehab three days a week for eight months and continued Jazzercise. I'm done with rehab now and I've lost about 20 pounds, but I need more. Every time I go to a Jazzercise class and sometimes I do two a day, I eat twice as much when I get home. In my mind I'm thinking.....well I had to have burned X amount of calories so I can eat this Snickers bar and break even. Well, I'm hoping this website will be the answer to my delima by holding myself accountable. Sorry, my intro was so long, but I feel like it was necessary to explain how I got here with the rest of you. Hopefully, we can all be great support for each other. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

"You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face… do the thing you think you cannot do." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
  • pamelawh
    pamelawh Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    hi two things, for food check out a great menu at crosscrunch.com and second thing check out the bean, i believe it is at www.bean.com, besides great for workouts it will relieve back pain.
  • CMJ1979
    CMJ1979 Posts: 42
    Options
    I always try to eat less than my allowance of calories per day, especially if I haven't exercised that day. But if a snickers bar is within your calorie intake amount then why not have it. I try to stick within my amount of calories even on my cheat day when I have chips, bar and pop. In the grand scheme of things, if you wrok out a lot one day and burn a whole slew of calories and then have a bar the next, It does even out at the end of the week. The amount of calories lost is still pretty much the same. With that being said if you can keep your calorie intake lower than you will lose weight quicker.