Fluid Retention or Weight Gain Advice?

Options
Hi, I am 25 yr old, 5'5'' and weigh 10st 11lbs (151lbs).

I am trying to get rid of 12lbs, which have been fluctuating for months. I stopped taking my BC pill (microlite 20mg) back in January, But I started the pill back again 3 weeks ago (NOW on 7 day free).

I am trying to cut down at the moment and getting more water and walking in my routine. I don't drink, smoke or have salt, neither do I eat red meat, my only downfall is chocolate but I've not been eating as much as I have done.

I feel like I'm carrying it all around my middle, and my skin is in total breakout, bottom of my back and my face! I don't know what to do about my acne! I haven't had a bleed yet so am worried if this is actual weight gain or just the fluctuation of water and my body sorting itself out for the BC pill?

Is this down to the BC pill? Like I said I just finished my 3 weeks, and am on my 7 day free. Is this what's happening to me?

Replies

• lebaker310
    lebaker310 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the pill, but when I stopped/started my nuvaring I had crazy side effects. I had my period for a whole month straight after restarting it, I was constantly bloated, fatigued, and cranky. I didn't wanna do anything but eat and sleep. My body broke out like crazy. It took about a month and a half-2 months for my body to get back on track. At that time I wasn't really into being healthy, but I know it made me feel like I had extra weight.

I don't know if this helps, but since I've been working out and eating healthy consistently my period starts on the same day every month. It's really light and shorter than usual. I usually do a lot of cardio on my period days because it helps with cramps and I don't feel like crap for laying on the couch for the rest of the night with a heating pad. To help with my acne, I did a 30 day dairy cleanse. My skin ended up so clear and glowing, I have stuck without dairy for a couple months now.

My best advice is to give it a little time before you really start worrying, three weeks isn't even a full cycle. Also, your diet is gonna reflect on your skin. Ditch the fast food, greasy stuff if you're into that. Eat lots of leafy greens and drink decaf green tea. Keep your work outs consistent, even when you get your period (usually the best time to work out due to high testosterone).

Just some suggestions, take the next month to let your hormones level out and just being healthy. If you still see problems after you birth control has normalized then maybe talk to a doctor.
  • MerryMoonlight
    Options
    Sounds like some of what I'm going through. I think my body is getting used to being on the pill again after a long break, and my hormones must be all over the place. I am definitely feeling more sleepy, and sleeping more, and wanting to eat, which I am trying to control and have been doing really well because I used to eat tonnes of chocolate and now I eat it moderately; well, I've been really good.

I am going to stay off the chocolate for the next few days and see if it makes the acne any better as that's the only type of dairy I have in my diet as I only have almond milk, and rarely have eggs or cheese.

I only drink water as I have done for many years now, I think I will try up my exercise and get more water into my daily routine. I'll try work a routine out this week, cut the chocolate completely, up the water intake and exercise.

Thanks for replying!