First time here.

Options
Hello! First time here on MFP and I'm liking it so far. Did enter my food for today and it wasn't pretty...but onward I go!

I'm 45, married with 2 grown children. Work as a Medical Assistant in a clinic and I'm also a 1st Responder for my local town.

Have about 50 pounds to lose...yikes!

Need more info...just ask.

Replies

• themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    welcome,
    You will love this site. There is alot of information, motivation and encouragement here. Just be sure to plan your eating and exercise in advance, stick too it and dont forget to log it. Also make use of all the encouragement here. You can do it
  • scott24
    scott24 Posts: 132
    Options
    It gets easier and easier. Once you start heading in the right direction, don't get caught up in the lbs. That part will take care of itself. Just be honest to yourself in your log, enjoy the encouragement and get ready for the new YOU!! Welcome aboard!!:wink:
  • missallie
    Options
    Welcome! It gets easier, and there are lots of supportive and friendly people on here. :)
  • vdub88
    vdub88 Posts: 79
    Options
    i put in running - i put in walking - where are these excerises????
  • mommagrams
    Options
    Welcome. I started with 43 pounds to lose. I've lost about 14 in two months...most of it early and then about a pound a week. It does help to log calories and exercise, though I miss some days. The encouragement on this site is the best. Everyone is in there own place doing what works for them, while cheering eachother on. I love it.