Lifting is making me SO hungry?!

Options
Is this normal? I was having 1g protein per 1lb LBM but I've doubled that and I'm still starving. I'm unable to stick within my maintenance calories without feeling faint, yet before I was having to have a 'treat' in order to get my calories up to maintenance. I'm about 500 calories a day hungrier! Will this last and I assume I just go with it until it's run it's course?

Replies

• MexicanOsmosis
    MexicanOsmosis Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Same thing happens to me, I'm always hungrier on days I lift.
  • jlclabo
    jlclabo Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    also, dont forget you are supposed to eat back the calories you burn in the gym. i usually don't eat them back because it doesn't bother me. some people it effects a little more so they have to. maybe try to calculate your burnt cals from exercise and eat back half or so to see if that helps.
  • tula1980
    Options
    I'm eating at maintenance so TDEE based on 6 workouts per week, of which 3 Stronglifts and 3 Yoga.

I'm glad I'm not the only one! I have been hungry every day (even non lifting days) so far! I hope it settles or I'm going to be a chunky monkey if I'm eating an extra 3500 calories a week as there is no way I can put on more than 0.2lb of muscle per week even under peak conditions!
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    That happened to me when I first started lifting. It leveled off eventually. IIRC, at that time, I didn't lose much weight, but I went from size 8 jeans to size 4 in 2 months, so the extra eating did no harm.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Its main like that