Going Out

Options
So this weekend is going to be a "party" weekend. What do others drink when they go out. I like my beer, but if there is something else that will be less in calories (if any) that would be great to know.

Replies

• abricklin
    abricklin Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I am not much a drinker but you could do a light beer, rum and diet coke.
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    Too funny! Also party weekend here, no baby!! I also like beer, I goo for mgd 64 or bud select often... however I'm a rum drinker. It is hard b/c I don't drink diet soda... I'm not a fan of artificial sweetners... if you ok doing "girly drinks" I LOOOVE Malibu straight, just over ice. When at home I often have what I call a Caribean Sunrise, Pineapple Malibu with a splash of orange juice (but I use simply orange with calcium, I'm weird with my orange juice lol)

However you have to remember with alcohol there are lots of carbs and sugar... I'm one who's ok with mixing beer with rum, but if your not I would just stick to the beer!

Have fun!
  • jbolles
    jbolles Posts: 4
    Options
    I drink vodka and sprite zero, I think it is 60-80 calories depending on the vodka. They won't have sprite zero at a bar, so I would think any booze that you like with a diet zero calorie soda would be best... Or a mic ultra.
  • CGerman
    CGerman Posts: 539
    Options
    I'm a fan of vodka/cranberry. I'd guess about 60-70 calories and you can always get diet cranberry juice to lower calories and sugar.
  • lee112780
    lee112780 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    bacardi and diet very low in calories...I was fooled in thinknig red wine was good last weekend...went waaaay overboard and drank about a bottle and a half ; (
    just stay away from sugary mixers!

micelobe ultra pretty good too!
  • rjcherek2
    rjcherek2 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Ha ha.. Im shipping my son to grandmas, thats why I get to party!!! I love girly drinks, but I tend to suck them down way to fast, and than next thing i know i slammed 8 or 9 drinks! I like Coors Light, so I am good on a light beer! I will probably just stick with that. Although when I go out, depending on my mood, I am all over the place with my drinks.. I mix like crazy!!

Have you tried Coconut Rum, Pineapple Juice, Grenadine, and a splash of sprite/7-up... DELICIOUS!!! :drinker:

I like my vodka also.. Cranberry juice or diet dew. Not a big rum fan though... But after awhile, they all tend to blend together!
  • jessicadoyen
    Options
    Rum & diet coke are fine, but it has to be a clear rum, no spiced, like Captain. Considering you're supposed to stay away from alcohol all together on a healthy lifestyle, anything you drink is going to jeopradize you. I just drink Miller Lite. ;) I just work harder the next few days to make up for it. Alcohol turns to sugar and sugar ultimately turns to fat. SO...that's my advice. But you're coming to ER...so um, you can't NOT drink! :)
  • rjcherek2
    rjcherek2 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Rum & diet coke are fine, but it has to be a clear rum, no spiced, like Captain. Considering you're supposed to stay away from alcohol all together on a healthy lifestyle, anything you drink is going to jeopradize you. I just drink Miller Lite. ;) I just work harder the next few days to make up for it. Alcohol turns to sugar and sugar ultimately turns to fat. SO...that's my advice. But you're coming to ER...so um, you can't NOT drink! :)

Well DUH!!!! I don't think I've been up and NOT drank! Are you coming out with us?
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options

Have you tried Coconut Rum, Pineapple Juice, Grenadine, and a splash of sprite/7-up... DELICIOUS!!! :drinker:

That sounds delicious! I may have to try that!!!
  • sublimechik28
    sublimechik28 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Vodka, club soda(has no calories) and lime or lemon juice if u want it sweet just a splash of cranberry juice for flavor regular cranberry juice had rediculous amount of sugar and ive never been able to find diet cranberry juice at a bar. Captain Morgan or Malibu w just club soda and lime is good too not sweet and fruity but if u like beer ur taste buds should be ok w it.
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    So this weekend is going to be a "party" weekend. What do others drink when they go out. I like my beer, but if there is something else that will be less in calories (if any) that would be great to know.

Vodka or rum are lower in calories than a lot of alcoholic drinkipoos. White wine is also okay.

When I have gone out I either have white wine or vodka and diet coke.

Beer can be gassy and bloaty, but if that's your tipple, enjoy!