Like MyFitnessPal for Money?

Options
YesIAm17
YesIAm17 Posts: 817 Member
We all know MFP is awesome, right?

I would love to have something like this for money, with tools to track everything + an app for the phone.

I have played with some apps before, but don't recall anything that would compare to MFP in terms of quality and usefulness.

I want to track everything... I want to easily see my financial macronutrients :)

Any suggestions?

Replies

• TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    I use mint.com. I'm a complete nerd about my money and it works really well for me. they have a nice app with a good interface as well.
  • jaimrlx
    jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I honestly thought you were going to tell us that there was a Facebook scam or something having to do with MFP. Crap.

Mint.com is good and has an app, but I use old-fashioned pen and paper.. then a Google Drive spreadsheet.
  • 42hockeymom
    42hockeymom Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Yup, Mint.com. Free, easy to use, tracks all accounts and credit cards, keeps track of your property. It's the best. I love it.
  • michybeans
    Options
    Just want to agree that Mint is the best, and they have an app for iPhone too, but also for your Mac if you have a Mac computer. It's free in the app store and you can view all your data right in a widget on your computer without opening up your browser. It's super handy and has helped me get out of debt. :)
  • YesIAm17
    Options
    Thanks... will definitely try Mint!
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    LOVE Mint, hate the ads. :\
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    YNAB (You Need A Budget)
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    We all know MFP is awesome, right?

I would love to have something like this for money, with tools to track everything + an app for the phone.

I have played with some apps before, but don't recall anything that would compare to MFP in terms of quality and usefulness.

I want to track everything... I want to easily see my financial macronutrients :)

Any suggestions?

MFP makes decent amount of money via advertisements so you're supporting them by just being here frequently. if you have money burning a hole in your pocket, why not just donate it? I know a very poor fella named taunto...
  • YesIAm17
    Options
    MFP makes decent amount of money via advertisements so you're supporting them by just being here frequently. if you have money burning a hole in your pocket, why not just donate it? I know a very poor fella named taunto...

Sorry for the confusion but I am not talking about paying for MFP. I was asking for recommendations of sites/apps for tracking your finances.

Thank you for the response though.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

Sorry for the confusion but I am not talking about paying for MFP. I was asking for recommendations of sites/apps for tracking your finances.

Doi. I'm an idiot. Yeah there are a few apps but I used to use Quicken and you can do pretty much EVERYTHING (in terms of finance) with it. You can even import most of your credit card transactions into it directly. Of course, it isn't a free program but its definitely the best out there.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options

Doi. I'm an idiot. Yeah there are a few apps but I used to use Quicken and you can do pretty much EVERYTHING (in terms of finance) with it. You can even import most of your credit card transactions into it directly. Of course, it isn't a free program but its definitely the best out there.

Quicken owns Mint and Mint has all the same major functions, but is free. :-)
  • AyanaSan
    AyanaSan Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I use LearnVest... it's pretty similar to Mint.
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    I use an app called Spending. Its free for my phone, and super basic.
  • Spartan_1_1_7
    Spartan_1_1_7 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I use Mint as well - it changed everything. Actually that was my inspiration to find MFP - I was looking for something similar to Mint for tracking weight :) Its not exactly the same but both help with tracking and for me both worked wonders . Good luck! J
  • YesIAm17
    Options
    I use Mint as well - it changed everything. Actually that was my inspiration to find MFP - I was looking for something similar to Mint for tracking weight :) Its not exactly the same but both help with tracking and for me both worked wonders . Good luck! J

Ha... Perfect :)
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    You could try "Track My Spend" iPhone app, developed by the Australian Government (ASIC)
  • YesIAm17
    Options
    Setup Mint today but unfortunately it doesn't work with either of my credit cards and I was really surprised to see that you cannot manually enter credit card data.

I don't use the cards much, but I do owe a little on them and would really like to see them reflected within Mint (or a similar solution).

Anyone have any advice?
  • michybeans
    Options
    Setup Mint today but unfortunately it doesn't work with either of my credit cards and I was really surprised to see that you cannot manually enter credit card data.

I don't use the cards much, but I do owe a little on them and would really like to see them reflected within Mint (or a similar solution).

Anyone have any advice?

You can email them to request they carry your credit cards. This is from their FAQ:

"What can I do if Mint.com does not support my bank?
    When you can't find your bank listed in search results in the add account process, you will see a link that says tell us about it. Please complete this form, and we'll submit a request to our data provider requesting that they add support for your bank.

Please note that due to factors outside our control, including approval from the banks themselves, we cannot guarantee that your bank will be supported, but we will do our best. You can check back periodically to see if support for your bank has been added."

In my experience they have answered my support requests very quickly. Hope that helps.
  • akilgoreaz
    Options
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/simple-budget-free/id384408671?mt=8

Mint is amazing too.. it keeps track of all my accounts. But if you want a VERY simple app to balance reoccurring bills against your budget, that link will show you a free app called Simple Budget by purple penguin. LOVE IT so far.

Love my fitness pal too! its a life saver, literally! I am back at it... hopefully I won't get distracted this time... :-)