NSV Bike Ride

Options
Just to prove that this isn't all about a number on a scale, I want to share my NSV. For my birthday this weekend, I decided that instead of spending a bunch of money at a restaurant, I'd rather DO something. DO is my new favorite thing! So, we went to our bike trail (very lucky in OH to have many miles of bike trail on what used to be train tracks) and rented bikes. We biked for almost 2 hours and I could have gone further (and faster). However, I was held up by my husband, who has always been more fit than I. Currently, he has a good BMI, but doesn't do anything to stay in shape. So, even though I still have much weight to lose to no longer be considered overweight, I'm actually more physically fit than he is. Last summer, we tried to bike around our neighborhood and I physically couldn't even keep up, ended up going home. Today felt great and I'm just so happy to be where I am. This is now about so much more than a number on a scale. My only regret is that I didn't stick with this lifestyle change so much sooner. But now is better than later or never.

So, if you're struggling or just getting started, you will get there. And just remember that you are doing great things for yourself that might not always reflect on the scale. Just keep going one day at a time!!!