Any Jazz, blues, soul lovers out there??

Options
Nikoruo
Nikoruo Posts: 771 Member
I just realized that I quite like old music! Jazz, blues, soul, rock and roll.. well i like a lot of music but jazz blues and soul is just do lovely. Now that i pinpointed the style i like, does anyone know any good artists or songs i should check out? :)

Replies

• suv_hater
    suv_hater Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    You didn't pinpoint anything lol. Jazz is a broad genre that encompasses MANY different styles.
  • Nikoruo
    Nikoruo Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    You didn't pinpoint anything lol. Jazz is a broad genre that encompasses MANY different styles.

really? well drop some styles! I don't know many really.. just know that when i look up "jazz, blues, soul" i get some really nice music on youtube xD
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Start with old school.....Miles Davies, Coltrane, Lena Horne, B.B. King, Muddy Waters, Al Green, Ella Fitzgerald, Dizzy Gillespie, Thelonius Monk, Billie Holiday, Louis Armstrong, Charlie "Bird" Parker........Google is our Friend and you tube.
  • avalonms
    avalonms Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    John Coltrane is the best. If you want something a little more accessible, look up Charlie Watts' jazz albums. Watts day gig is drummer for the Rolling Stones, but he has a first rate jazz band as a side project and their albums are very good. Start with Watts' at Scotts, or Long Ago and Far Away.

If you like jazz piano, the starting place is Art Tatum's Group Masterpieces Vol. 1-8. Each is amazing in it's own right.