Kettlebell

Options
Hi,
Im thinking of investing in a kettlebell for some weight training I can do at home . Has anyone else tried these out before ??? My pt is a big fan of them .

Thanks

Replies

• Maxbert_SA
    Maxbert_SA Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Does it make coffee as well?
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Ya I've got one and it's a lot of fun!
    I still to regular barbell stuff, but the kettlebell is nice when you want to mix things up ---- I love taking it to the park for an outdoor workout.
    I also bring it with me on road trips.
  • alc212
    alc212 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Kettlebells are awesome! I started using them regularly about a year ago, started with a single 6kg kettlebell for swings, jerks, snatches etc and am now using double 12's for most exercises.

I would suggest (if budget allows) getting 2. This allows you to do exercises such as ManMakers with them. If you can try them out to find your weight first that would be ideal.

I would also suggest getting someone to show you correct technique before starting with them, it's easier to hurt yourself with them by using incorrect technique than it is with a dumbbell or barbell. If you can't get a trainer, google Mike Mahler for some good instructional videos and tips - he knows what he's doing!