Smoking, constipation and trying to lose weight..

Options
2»

Replies

• verongle
    verongle Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    A warm stomach helps - I stopped at New Year and it still isn't right! When I remember, I sit with a hot water bottle on my tummy each night. I read an Ayurveda remedy too that said to massage your lower abdomen for 2 minutes each day to build up the heat and get things moving, but I keep forgetting to do it. I also use peppermint tea too, or even just warm water. Good luck with the stopping.
  • Khamara_01
    Khamara_01 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    WATER AND EXERCISE WORK FOR ME, I DRINK 1 LITRE IN THE MIDDAY MORNING WITHIN 30MINS AND SAME IN THE AFTERNOON, GIVE IT A GO, IT CAN'T HURT :) OR TRY EATING SOME FRUIT WHEN YOU FIRST GET UP AND WAIT 20MINS BEFORE YOU EAT YOUR BREAKFAST

HOPE THIS HELPS X
  • kristieshannon
    kristieshannon Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I've heard wonders about "Smooth Move" tea. Not sure if you can get it where you live, here in the States it's sold right in the grocery store.
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I had a similar problem and what worked for me was kiwi fruit for breakfast

Im so pleased to have seen someone else that uses KIWIS!!! everyone laughs at me when i say that!!!
    Thanks for the tip. I'm going to try adding more kiwis to my diet. Yummy. I didn't know you could eat the skin though, that might take some getting used to.

I was prescribed 2 kiwifruit a day when I had a tear in the BAD side of my perineum after childbirth.

Very effective. Pulping them in the juicer is fabulous especially as you have to add about the same amount of water to it to make it a drink, so there's the water to go with the fibre. It's a really nice drink.

Note however: When people are talking about constipation are they saying their stools are nasty concrete things, or are they simply saying that they're not going very often any more?

Because I only go once every 2 days now, whereas when i ate a ton of food I was going every day. It's not constipation, it's just a reduction in the amount of food being processed.